I have a habit of blogging recipes that involve oily fish – first there was the light & creamy salmon parcels, then there was the healthy mackerel dip, followed by salmon fish cakes and now we have another one.. and yes it’s with salmon again!
The omega 3 fatty acids found in oily fish are essential for a healthy heart and this recipe was inspired by the desire to create a healthy alternative to the classic ‘salmon pate’ that you can buy from the shops. I wanted to make a dip that was equally as tasty and nutritious but just lower in calories and fat.
Healthy Salmon Spread
- 100g tinned salmon
- 75g-100g Fat Free Greek Yoghurt or Extra Light Cream Cheese
- Optional: tbsp lemon juice or black pepper
- Put all of the above ingredients into a blender
- Serve on granary toast or with pitta bread!
Nutrition stats per 3rd (50g).
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 1.5 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.