- Yield : 4
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 16m
This weekend I decided to try the Nairn’s recipe for Salmon Fishcakes. Tinned salmon is great as it tends to be cheaper than fresh and it also counts towards your oily fish intake for the week (for heart health).
As a little disclaimer, I tend to follow recipes 90% to the book… and tweak the other 10% to make it a little bit more healthy (adding a little bit of ‘Nic’s Nutrition’ to it you could say!).
- 1 tin of salmon, skinned, boned & flaked
- 4 Rough oatcakes (broken into crumbs)
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp of coriander & parsley mixed
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tsp olive oil OR 1kcal spray oil
- Optional: Chilli flakes & Spring onion
*Nutritional stats provided are for per fish cake
Mix the fish, oatcake crumbs, beaten egg and herbs (plus optional ingredients) into a bowl before shaping the mixture into patties & rolling in the flour.
Heat the oil (1kcal spray oil or 1 tsp of oil per fish cake) in a frying pan and fry the fishcakes until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 minutes on each side)
Serve with fresh salsa/sweet chilli and salad for a starter or add sweet-potato wedges to make a meal of them!
*This recipe used tuna instead of salmon!
Above: Fish cakes made with crab meat instead of salmon!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.