There’s nothing more refreshing, healthy and enjoyable than a cool glass of flavoured water. Iced ‘plain water’ seems to be enough for me when I’m on holiday, but when I’m at home my water needs to have something extra!
Water is essential for many bodily functions, and it helps give our skin a healthy glow. Ideally we should drink around 1.6 to 2 litres of fluid every day, which is around eight small glasses.
You may need to drink more than this though if you are active or if it’s hot outside. If you don’t drink enough fluid the results may include headaches, tiredness and/or a poor complexion.
I’ve already posted recipes for my ‘cucumber limeade’, ‘detox water’ and ‘fruity ice cubes’ to help you to drink more water, and this recipe combines all three – fruit, veg and water in a delicious combination (trust me!).
You are not only hydrating your body when you drink this delicious glass of goodness but you are also getting 2 of your 5 a day! This recipe is packed with fibre, vitamins (in particular vitamins A & C) and antioxidants which are great for your health.
Orange & Carrot Water
- 2 large oranges - peeled
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled & chopped*
- 250-300ml water
- 1-2 tsp honey or stevia**
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until nicely combined.
- Have a taste and add more honey (or stevia) if needed.
- Blend for a few seconds more, pour into your chosen glass & enjoy
*I used 8 small carrot batons (a handful)
**I used 1 tsp honey & 1/2 tsp Truvia (1 tsp stevia equivalent)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 29 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.