This recipe is super easy to make and is perfect for dessert. It’s the perfect amount of sweetness with savoury and has no added sugar. I first saw this recipe on an amazing blog run by Gina and couldn’t wait to re-make it!
Eating apples are perfect for dessert as they are naturally sweet .. this means that there’s no need to add any extra sugar (low GI agave nectar drizzled on top is purely optional!!). Apples also take on the most beautiful and soft texture once baked – I promise you you will love this recipe!
Baked Almond Apple Rings
- 1 large apple - cored and sliced into rings (~1-1.5cm width)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (heat in the microwave for a minute or so)
- 1/2 cup (50g) of ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F)
- Mix together the ground almonds with the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Dip your apple chunks (on both sides) in to the melted coconut oil and then roll both sides in the almond mix
- Place on a wire rack & bake for 5-7 mins, flip the apples and bake for another 5-7 mins
- Turn your oven up to the highest temperature it goes to and bake for a further 3-5 minutes with the door open (until your apples are nice and soft!)
- Serve your apple slices with fat-free Greek yoghurt and extra cinnamon.. agave nectar or maple syrup would also be delicious!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.