Smoothies and shakes can be a super tasty way of getting the right balance of carbs to protein either before and after a work-out.
I’ve been using a delicious 100% natural & vegan protein from Sativa, which is a blend of pea, soy, hemp and brown rice protein.
Strawberry & Banana Post Workout Shake
- 1 scoop protein powder*
- 1/2 frozen banana**
- 1 cup (~6 x) strawberries
- 2 tbsp (15g) oat flour***
- 2 tbsp (30g) fat-free Greek yog
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients into your blender*
- Optional – Serve with strawberry ice-cubes!
*I use Sativa strawberry & banana High Pro but you could also use Maxitone’s banana protein powder as used in my banana protein bar recipe or MyProtein’s Vanilla Whey Protein Powder.
**Peel & halve the banana before freezing over-night.
***To make oat flour simply blend some oats in your blender or you can use Ultra Fine Scottish Oats (Ground Oats).
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.8 g
Total Carbohydrates 34 g
Protein 30 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*I always get asked what blender I have I now own a Waring Blender in red.. it’s fantastic and great if you make smoothies several times a week (it’s heavy duty!). Check out Amazon for more options!
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.
Absolutely delicious, filling, thick and naturally sweet. I added some blueberries and a dash of agave syrup rather than vanilla. Thoroughly recommend this as an alternative to your oats for breakfast 🙂 thanks Nic x
Aw thank you for your lovely comment! And pic – it looked amazing!!! xx