If you’re after an awesome and nutritious post-workout smoothie recipe then look no further.. this recipe is packed with protein, vitamins and anti-oxidants and it tastes amazing! Drink within 30-60 minutes after your work-out for maximum benefit and to enhance protein absorption. If you want to know more about protein and muscle gain then check out the protein tab above.
Post Workout Kale Smoothie
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla, plain or strawberry flavour)*
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 6 strawberries
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- Hand full of Kale (green veg packed with vitamins!)
- Stevia/Truvia (100% natural sweetener to taste)
- Add your protein powder, banana (peeled, chopped and frozen over night), strawberries and almond milk to the blender and whizz for a minute or so..
- Add your kale (shred in your hands first) and whizz until all of the kale is nicely blended..
- Add stevia/Truvia to taste (e.g. 1 small sachet).. whizz again and enjoy your feel good post work out smoothie!
*or you could replace the protein powder with skimmed milk powder – 4.5 heaped tablespoons provides ~20g of protein
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Protein 27 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
P.S I always get asked what blender I have and it’s a waring pro blender .. it’s fantastic and great if you make smoothies several times a week (it’s heavy duty!)
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.