Protein Cake.. made in a mug? Yes, it’s true!
This is the perfect post-workout treat and it takes literally minutes to make!
This Protein Mug Cake is the balance of carbs and protein to replenish energy stores and help to rebuild muscle.. and did I mention that it also tastes incredible?! Adding the coffee part is completely optional.. you could add cocoa powder, vanilla, sweetener or just keep the recipe simple and leave it out!
P.S you don’t have to work-out to enjoy this ‘healthy cake’ – it makes the perfect snack any time of day.. I’ve even had it for breakfast!
Protein Coffee Mug Cake
- 25g rolled oats or oat flour
- ~30g/1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp coffee granules - optional
- 90ml (1/3 cup + 1 tsp) milk or milk alternative
- Mix all the ingredients in a deep bowl or mug
- Microwave for 2 minutes (if the mixture rises after 1-1.5 minutes just push it back down!)
- Eat straight from the mug or tip onto a plate (allow to cool slightly & loosen the edges first before tipping it out) and enjoy with a dollop of yoghurt mixed with white hot chocolate powder (my choice!)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 22 g
Protein 26 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains an affiliate link. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in baking, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.