This week I’ve been trying out goodies from MuscleFood (as you could probably tell from my Homemade Quest Bar Recipe!) and I couldn’t wait to share with you the new and exciting products that I’ve discovered. If you’ve never heard of MuscleFood before, they are an online health food shop who specialise in selling high protein delicious snacks, meats and fish at great prices and they have been kind enough to offer YOU some free goodies and vouchers.. so keep on reading to find out more!
Musclefood have also kindly offered 5% off to all of my lovely readers.. whoop whoop! Just use the code NIC5 🙂
P.S I haven’t gone into detail about protein supplements in this blog post however I have written about them in my Quest Bar Protein Review and have a video coming soon about them!!
SWEET PROTEIN GOODIES
- Nuts ‘n More Peanut & Almond Butters – OMG. If you follow me on social media (or know me in ‘real life’!!) you will know that I am the biggest peanut butter fan/addict ever and these nut butters DO NOT disappoint. These nut butters are fortified with organic flax and whey protein and taste super creamy. The original nut butter has no added sugar yet tastes slightly sweet thanks to the natural sweetener xylitol (which is also good for your teeth too!). Two tablespoons of the nut butter provides a whopping 14g protein (compared to just 8g in regular peanut butter) and they taste amazing! I actually think I prefer the almond butter in comparison to the peanut butter as I love how it isn’t ‘claggy’ like usual almond butters are – it’s really smooth and creamy! And if you’re looking for ‘no bake’ baking inspiration then check out my amazing new recipe below which I made using the nut butters 🙂 .. for a protein version check out my No Bake Protein Balls! P.S I’m also giving a few tubs of this away.. so keep on scrolling!!
- Vitafiber – This is the ‘not so secret’ ingredient in the famous Quest Bars and I had so much fun making my own – read more about this product and get the recipe for homemade Quest Bars [here].
- Wheyhey Protein Ice-cream – Guilt-free ice-cream.. yes please!! I’ve had Wheyhey ice-cream in the smaller tubs before and at BodyPower Expo tried out the new ‘ice cream loillies’ but these larger tubs are incredible – it means you can have healthy protein ice-cream at home! A 150g serving comes in at just 177 calories and 22.5 g protein and the main ingredients are (for the vanilla flavour): water, whey protein isolate, xylitol and whole cream. They come in 3 classic flavours; vanilla, strawberry and chocolate and taste amazing with frozen berries or on their own! My favourite flavour is vanilla and my top tip is to let the ice-cream thaw for 5 minutes before scooping!
- Protein Lifestyle Whey Protein in Smooth Chocolate – The taste of this protein powder is incredible (it’s so creamy!) and you will be seeing it again in a YouTube video next month where I explain all about protein supplements (they are NOT essential!). I use protein powders in baking to help boost the protein content, whilst keeping calories low (to keep me feeling fuller for longer) as well as in smoothies for the same reason – scroll down to the bottom of my ‘Blender Review’ blog post for information on how I make my breakfast smoothie! Each 25g scoop provides around 120 calories, 20 g protein, 2g carbs and 2g fat.
SAVOURY PROTEIN GOODIES
- Protein Crisps – I’ve never been a massive crisp fan but these bags really do hit the spot if you’re feeling peckish and want some ‘crunch’. The bags are huge (40g) and consequently really fill you up. They come in at 146 calories and provide 20g protein per pack. The main ingredients are; Protein Blend (Soya Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Protein Isolate) and Rice Flour.. I really am impressed with these as I never even knew that protein crisps existed!!
- Wholemeal Protein Baps & Dr. Zak’s High Protein Bread – Yes you heard it, protein bread.. and it actually tastes and feels like bread too! The baps are perfect adding a protein boost to your lunch time sandwich as well as for a snack toasted with nut butter & banana (my personal choice!!). They come in at 219 calories per bap and provide a whopping 22g of protein! The main ingredients are: Water, Wholemeal Wheat Flour, Wheat Protein Isolate and Pea Protein Isolate. The sliced bread tastes equally ‘normal’ and I’ve tried it both as it comes as well as toasted. Two slices of the sliced bread contains 289 calories and a whopping 30.5g protein!
MEATS & FISH GOODIES
- Chicken Sausages – These are delicious and at only 80 calories each you can look forward to a BBQ every night of the week 😉
- Smoked Salmon – I love salmon and the smoked variety goes really well on salads or in a wrap or if I’m feeling peckish between meals I may wrap some up around some rocket or spinach leaves and devour it!
- Tilapia Fillets – If you fancy a change to cod or haddock then try these, they are great for lunch or dinner – I cooked them in my George Foreman.
On My Wish List..
- Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix – you just add water and that’s it!!
- MuscleMousse Protein Dessert – has anyone tried this before?! UPDATE: I have now tried this product & “omg” it is AMAZING. I tried the white chocolate version and it is delicious! You whizz some up with water or milk then chill it in the fridge to allow it to thicken.. it makes the most amazing high protein mousse dessert & even freezes amazing to make ice-lollies!!!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars – need I say any more?!
P.S Don’t forget to use the code NIC5 for 5% off – Thanks Muscle Food!!
**JUNE/JULY 2014 GIVEAWAY**
So enough teasing you with what I’ve been munching on this week and onto what YOU can win. There will be THREE winners of this giveaway each receiving a £10 voucher to spend at MuscleFood (you HAVE to get the Vitafiber if you’re a Quest Bar fan!) AS WELL AS a nut ‘n more nut butter..
To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is:
1) Comment below telling me which nuts ‘n more nut butter you would like out of Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Almond Butter & Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter – for more info click [here].
2) Register your entry in the widget below..
3) Follow the instructions in the widget for more chances to enter!
This giveaway will stay open for 2 weeks (from Thursday 19th June to Thursday 3rd July) and the 3 winners will be revealed within the widget the day after it closes. Due to postal reasons this giveaway is open to UK residents only (sorry!).
*Samples of the products mentioned were supplied to me free of charge however this review is 100% honest and of my own opinion. I chose to do this giveaway based on the merits of the products (from a personal/professional point of view). I do not promote products mentioned more than others. This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information, as well as for my over all view on protein powders/shakes.
Fab giveaway! I’ll have the chocolate peanut butter please!!
Another excellent give away! I would choose chocolate peanut butter and use it to make all my healthy treats
Chocolate almond butter please! 🙂
I would absolutely love to try the chocolate almond butter!! It looks delish!!!! Great competition. Xx
WOW this looks fab! May I have the Chocolate Peanut Butter Please :’)
I’ve tried the muscle mousse its really fab definitely worth getting , apart from making mousse you can make cheesecakes ! its really tasty and versatile big thumbs up!
Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter!!! I love spices and have had cinnamon PB, but Pumpkin Spice sounds so decadent!
Chocolate almond xxx
Chocolate Almond Butter! I’ve wanted to try this one for ages, it sounds so nice! Great post Nic, and fab giveaway! xx
Thanks!! I LOVE IT!!
Chocolate almond would be amazing please!xx
Definitely pumpkin spice 🙂
It’s got to be the chocolate hasn’t it?
The chocolate almond please!!! yummmm. So many things on that website I want/NEED!
Ooh pumpkin spice sounds really unusual and would be gorgeous with apple slices as a snack!
Fab giveaway 🙂
I would love the Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter!
Mmmmmm…..Chocolate almond butter sounds yummmmmmy!
Chocolate almond butter sounds divine. I have never tried these products but I’m drooling at the thought of it mmmmmm
Amazing giveaway! Been meaning to try nuts n more for an age. Chocolate almond please!
Nom nom nom Chocolate almond butter
Nom nom nom chocolate almond butter
Chocolate Peanut Butter!! I love peanut butter and I love chocolate …. Another fab find and competition nic x
Chocolate peanut is amazing!:)
Pumpkin spice sounds amazing please x
Chocolate almond butter please
Amazing give away!! I would love to try the chocolate almond butter please. Fingers and toes crossed xxx
Chocolate almond butter please!
Chocolate peanut butter 😀
I love your protein peanut balls! A weekly staple! I would love to try the chocolate almond mmm they all sound amazing to be fair
Aw thanks Bella!
Oooh, chocolate almond! It would definitely cheer up my day after being confirmed that I have psoriasis 🙁
Ooh would love to try the chocolate almond flavour yum yum 🙂
Chocolate Almond butter please 🙂 FAB giveaway!
chocolate almond butter definitely! I literally go thru a 1kg tub of Almond butter in like 3 weeks :3
Already gone through a jar of chocolate almond butter. So addictive! I would like the pumpkin spice peanut butter though to see what it’s like! hopefully just as delicious 😉
Chocolate almond butter would be amazing! Or either of the other two..so tricky to decide! Phone of them would last long but the chocolate almond butter would be gone in the blink of an eye. SUCH a good giveaway 🙂
Ooo I’d like the chocolate peanut butter, it’s my fav, with the toffee crunch in a close second!!! I love shopping on musclefood , I get all my chicken from there aswell as the but butters and I must say they’re hache steaks are really good aswell! I’ve tried chocolate muscle mousse, the texture does take a bit of getting used to I must say but the flavour is good and it’s a good protein snack before bed especially if you’ve done a workout in the day. Got my fingers crossed tightly for this prize!!!
Choc almond sounds exactly what i need right now! Yum!
Would love to try the chocolate almond butter.
Oh my gosh I want everything in this post but those nut butters are TOP of my wish list! Thanks for sharing Nic. My first choice would be the chocolate peanut butter one please! X
Definitely chocolate peanut butter! Obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!
Chocolate peanut butter 🙂
Chocolate almond butter please! Sounds amazing
Pumpkin spice peanut butter!!
Chocolate almond butter definitely!!
Almond butter has been my saviour in helping with my recovery from anorexia! Literally fallen in love with it 🙂 would love to try the chocolate one!
Chocolate peanut please. I love peanut butter too. Need to try these 🙂
How could I decide?!?!? Peanut or almond!?!
2x choc and almond and 1x choc and peanut please 🙂
Chocolate almond Sounds so gd: )
Chocolate almond yummy yay!
Chocolate peanut butter sounds delicious
I would love chocolate almond butter
Chocolate almond butter, all day long.
Such a great giveaway! Definitely has to be chocolate almond butter for me please!
Chocolate almond butter. All Day All Night
Really love the sounds of the pumpkin spice one, sounds delicious!
Brilliant article Nic, a great giveaway too by sounds of things! Chocolate Almond Butter would be the one for me!! 🙂 Being only a few weeks away from qualifying as a PT & looking at gaining a Nutrition qualification it was great to stumble across your twitter page! Keep up the great work!!
Thanks, good luck with it!
Hello Nic, may I please have the chocolate peanut butter? 🙂
Great giveaway …. Chocolate Almond Butter please
Pumpkin Spice sounds lush to spread on homemade pumpkin protein bread!
Would love the chocolate almond butter….fingers crossed so tightly! MuscleFood are such a great company too, thanks for this competition! 🙂
Chocolate almond butter sounds the best to me!
Oh my, oh my, oh my, spoilt for choice Nic… It has to be Chocolate Peanut Butter, I am addicted to nut butters….
FAB! So excited for this giveaway. I want to try out your recipes so badly! Especially with the Nuts ‘n More nutbutters 😉 I want to try the Chocolate Almund Butter please!
Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter would be amazing!
What an amazing giveaway!! I’m allergic to chocolate but the pumpkin spice sounds lush!! So, me please! lol 😀
Chocolate peanut butter for sure! Amazing giveaway Nic! 🙂
What an awesome give away!
Chocolate Almond butter sounds amazing and I would love to try this 🙂 Thank you xx
Plain peanut butter please! You cannot beat the traditional nut butter!
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER!
Great article. Some yummy things to get there! Ordered some vita fiber, can’t wait to get baking!
Oh and if love to try the chocolate almond 😉
Hurray! Do send me a pic of the finished result!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter! Yum!
Thanks for holding this awesome giveaway 🙂
Chocolate Almond Butter is my absolute favourite!
oooo they all sound amazing but definitely the chocolate almond butter!
Delicious! I’d love to try the Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter. Pumpkin everything! I miss living in the states and having so many flavour choices…imagine if they did a sweet potato peanut butter?!
Chocolate almond please!
Chocolate peanut butter! I’m salivating at the thought!
I would like chocolate peanut butter please! 🙂
I’ve got my eye on trying muscle mousse aswell, looks lovely! and keep seeing recipes with it in!! If it’s good enough for cheesecake, how can it be bad?? 🙂
Fab giveaway! I’d love the pumpkin spice, I love cinnamony/gingery things and combined with PB? Heaven!
Great giveaway!! Love your blog and videos nic! Chocolate peanut butter pwease xxxxx
Thank you!! xx
I love almond butter so would definitely love to try the chocolate almond butter mmmmm
Chocolate almond please. It is amazing 🙂
Chocolate peanut butter please!!
I second the post above. The pumpkin spice peanut butter sounds amazing.. I adore peanut butter and cinnamon chai flavours.. can’t imagine the combo together!
Chocolate almond butter please 🙂
Peanut butter please!
Love all your recipes Nic! 🙂 Your recipes are quick and simple and doesn’t take long which is what I love 🙂 Love reading your reviews and finding new food items to try!!
I would love to try your favourite one of the 3 so.. Suprise me! 😀
Great answer 😉
Would love to try the chocolate almond butter!!
I would love to try the Peanut Butter with pumpkin spice, it sounds delicious!! Also, muscle mousse is awesome! Made a cheesecake the other day with it and it was so yummy!
I would love to Win the Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter please.
Absolutely love Nuts’n more the cinnamon raisin is my current favourite but sure that could change 😉
Chocolate Almond Butter please!
Chocolate almond butter, I’m also a massive fan of the nut butters! Xx
chocolate almond! 🙂
Oooh chocolate almond butter please! Fab giveaway – thanks!
The chocolate almond butter sounds like all my favourite things rolled into one jar, yum!!
Chocolate almond butter would be great! 🙂
Chocolate Almond Butter – yummmmmmmy!
Chocolate Almond Butter:)
As another self confessed nut butter addict, I have to admit I’ve tried all 8 of the flavours of nutsnmore and they’re all amazing
Pumpkin spice peanut butter! Eeeek:)
Ooh ooh ooh! PUMPKIN SPICE PEANUT BUTTER! Life is complete 😉
chocolate almond butter!
Ooh chocolate peanut butter sounds lovely
Chocolate Peanut Butter obvs!! 😉
Chocolate almond butter please! Great giveaway xx
Chocolate peanut butter as a birthday treat
Chocolate almond butter …. yum yum, please
oooo the chocolate almond nut butter sounds delish 😉 thats the winner….pretty please xxx
Chocolate peanut butter please.
Chocolate almond butter please! And I tried chocolate muscle mousse at bodypower and it was so delicious! I actually prefer it to mousse it seems thicker 🙂
Thanks!! I’m getting white choc to try 🙂 yay!
Hey Nic, great giveaway……. yet again! They all sound amazing! I would like to try the chocolate peanut butter!
Got to be chocolate peanut butter 😉
Ooh chocolate almond butter yes please! The thought is making my mouth water!
Chocolate Almond Butter!
Hello, I would like Chocolate Almond butter please.
It’s got to be chocolate almond…almond butter is my go-to snack (basically I have a spoon in the jar every waking hour) so throw in a bit of chocolate too and you’re on to a winner!
I have just descoved almond butter so I have say I want to try the chocolate & almond one. I bet its lush!
Mmmm chocolate almond!! I want it soo much haha! Looks amazing xx
This is the most amazing giveaway! Always wanted to try the almond butter nuts n more!
Spice up my life with the Pumpkin Spice PB please! :0)
Chocolate almond butter please!! Yum!
Ive been wanting to try the Chocolate almond butter one for absolutely ages! X
Pumpkin spics pb!!
Would love to try Chocolate Almond butter please 😀 sounds delicious!
Mmmm I am so excited for this! I would go for the chocolate almond butter, but I plan an trying nearly all of them eventually!
I’d love to try the chocolate almond butter. Mmmmmm
The chocolate almond butter sounds a-ma-zing! Fab giveaway x
Chocolate almond butter please – never tried so going for something new! Thanks for the giveaway Nic!x
I would love to try Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter!
Chocolate almond sounds delightful- would be my choice!
Ooh chocolate almond butter pleaseee xx
Almond butter please it would make a nice birthday present since my birthday is on the 2nd of July
I would really love to try the Chocolate Almond Butter!! mmmm!! 🙂 very difficult choice! I could eat them all! at once!! 😉
Mmm choc peanut butter please
Chocolate almond butter sounds amazing!!!
Choc peanut butter ftw! 😀
The pumpkin spiced peanut butter sounds immense!
I’ve never tried a flavoured nut butter before so I’m sure they’ll all taste amazing, I am however particularly drawn to the pumpkin spice peanut butter
Amazing giveaway. I would love to try the chocolate peanut butter, looks yummy!
This all looks so tasty. I would live to win the Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter please. x
I would love to try the Chocolate Peanut Butter
I’m a bit of a PB addict too, and I’ve wanted to try the Nut’s N More products for so long! I’d love to try the Chocolate Peanut Butter!
Chocolate peanut butter please 🙂
Drooling thinking about nuts n more! Please can i have the chocolate peanut butter 🙂
Ooh nice, chocolate almond butter i think x
Chocolate almond butter for sure!!
Id love to try the pumpkin spice please nic- had pumpkin pie on thanksgiving in new york a few years ago and still dream about it now mmmmmmm!!
Awesome giveaway! I think I’d choose the chocolate and almond nut butter. It sounds amazing!
All 3!! But if I had to choose I’d pick chocolate almond butter. Yummy!! x
It’s a tough decision, but I’ll go for the Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter – rice cakes are at the ready! Thanks Nic!
Choc peanut butter please. Love your blog! Very interesting!
Chocolate almond butter as its a combination of my 2 fav things!
Almond butter all the way – I’d love to try out your fab recipes using this for the nut butter! Healthy and delicious! *
Chocolate Almond butter so I can try out even more of your delicious recipes!!
Lovely giveaway! I would like to try chocolate peanut butter!
chocolate peanut butter please nic! have run out of my protein haul so winning this would be perfect so that i can make more of your delicious treats and some protein pow recipes from my book i got from anna and powder i got from sativia at bodypower – all on your recommendations!
Ooh fab!! I got her cook book too 🙂 And you should look out for my sativa recipe at the start of august!! xxx
Nic are you going to her london workshop?! i make your sativia recipes already that can with the protein powder :). would love all these ingredients!
Aw you mean Protein Pow? No as I live in Leeds!! Tell her I say hey 😀 xx
What an awesome giveaway! Chocolate almond butter sounds epic! Would love to try that. There’s heaps off that site I’d love to buy already. I need to make a wishlist haha. Can’t wait to try making my own Quest Bars, just need to get the vitafiber.
Chocolate almond butter sounds LUSH! Think that’s top on my list closely followed by chocolate peanut butter. 🙂
Wow what an amazing giveaway 🙂 pumpkin spice sounds interesting I’d love to try it!
They all sound delicious. I’d say pumpkin spice because it is the most unusual 🙂
amazing giveaway 🙂 stuff looks awesome
I definitely want to try the choc almond butter!
Chocolate peanut butter sounds lush!
Choc almond pls! Sounds yummy :))
Ooh these look so good! Fab giveaway. Chocolate peanut butter sounds divine!
Love Peanut butter in any shape or form but the Pumpkin Spice one for me please!
Chocolate almond butter- although they all sound divine!
All sound great but I’d love to try pumpkin spice!
Pumpkin spiced peanut butter sounds amazing 🙂
I would love to try them all especially the pumpkin spice!! 🙂 Nom nom!
Chocolate Peanut Butter 🙂
Chocolate almond butter 🙂
Would love love love the chocolate almond butter!!
The chocolate almond but butter sounds amazing! I’m currently on week 5 of getting back to feeling healthy, exercising and making the right choices so winning this would come at the right time for me!
Mmmmmmm! Chocolate peanut butter please!
Nice giveaway. I’d like the Chocolate Peanut Butter please
They all sound so good, but I think pumpkin spice sounds awesome!!
Chocolate Almond please Nic.
chocolate peanut butter please!! 🙂
Chocolate peanut butter please. x
Chocolate almond butter would be sooooooo good 🙂
ooooOOoo the chocolate Almond butter!!! Peanut butter is way up there on my pregnancy craving list!
Great giveaway…..I’d be happy to try any of them please! 🙂
chocolate almond butter pls 🙂
Chocolate almond butter always wanted to try almond butter