This week I’ve been trying out goodies from MuscleFood (as you could probably tell from my Homemade Quest Bar Recipe!) and I couldn’t wait to share with you the new and exciting products that I’ve discovered. If you’ve never heard of MuscleFood before, they are an online health food shop who specialise in selling high protein delicious snacks, meats and fish at great prices and they have been kind enough to offer YOU some free goodies and vouchers.. so keep on reading to find out more!
Musclefood have also kindly offered 5% off to all of my lovely readers.. whoop whoop! Just use the code NIC5 🙂
SWEET PROTEIN GOODIES
- Nuts ‘n More Peanut & Almond Butters – OMG. If you follow me on social media (or know me in ‘real life’!!) you will know that I am the biggest peanut butter fan/addict ever and these nut butters DO NOT disappoint. These nut butters are fortified with organic flax and whey protein and taste super creamy. The original nut butter has no added sugar yet tastes slightly sweet thanks to the natural sweetener xylitol (which is also good for your teeth too!). Two tablespoons of the nut butter provides a whopping 14g protein (compared to just 8g in regular peanut butter) and they taste amazing! I actually think I prefer the almond butter in comparison to the peanut butter as I love how it isn’t ‘claggy’ like usual almond butters are – it’s really smooth and creamy! And if you’re looking for ‘no bake’ baking inspiration then check out my amazing new recipe below which I made using the nut butters 🙂 .. for a protein version check out my No Bake Protein Balls! P.S I’m also giving a few tubs of this away.. so keep on scrolling!!
- Vitafiber – This is the ‘not so secret’ ingredient in the famous Quest Bars and I had so much fun making my own – read more about this product and get the recipe for homemade Quest Bars [here].
- Wheyhey Protein Ice-cream – Guilt-free ice-cream.. yes please!! I’ve had Wheyhey ice-cream in the smaller tubs before and at BodyPower Expo tried out the new ‘ice cream loillies’ but these larger tubs are incredible – it means you can have healthy protein ice-cream at home! A 150g serving comes in at just 177 calories and 22.5 g protein and the main ingredients are (for the vanilla flavour): water, whey protein isolate, xylitol and whole cream. They come in 3 classic flavours; vanilla, strawberry and chocolate and taste amazing with frozen berries or on their own! My favourite flavour is vanilla and my top tip is to let the ice-cream thaw for 5 minutes before scooping!
- Protein Lifestyle Whey Protein in Smooth Chocolate – The taste of this protein powder is incredible (it’s so creamy!) and you will be seeing it again in a YouTube video next month where I explain all about protein supplements (they are NOT essential!). I use protein powders in baking to help boost the protein content, whilst keeping calories low (to keep me feeling fuller for longer) as well as in smoothies for the same reason – scroll down to the bottom of my ‘Blender Review’ blog post for information on how I make my breakfast smoothie! Each 25g scoop provides around 120 calories, 20 g protein, 2g carbs and 2g fat.
SAVOURY PROTEIN GOODIES
- Protein Crisps – I’ve never been a massive crisp fan but these bags really do hit the spot if you’re feeling peckish and want some ‘crunch’. The bags are huge (40g) and consequently really fill you up. They come in at 146 calories and provide 20g protein per pack. The main ingredients are; Protein Blend (Soya Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Protein Isolate) and Rice Flour.. I really am impressed with these as I never even knew that protein crisps existed!!
- Wholemeal Protein Baps & Dr. Zak’s High Protein Bread – Yes you heard it, protein bread.. and it actually tastes and feels like bread too! The baps are perfect adding a protein boost to your lunch time sandwich as well as for a snack toasted with nut butter & banana (my personal choice!!). They come in at 219 calories per bap and provide a whopping 22g of protein! The main ingredients are: Water, Wholemeal Wheat Flour, Wheat Protein Isolate and Pea Protein Isolate. The sliced bread tastes equally ‘normal’ and I’ve tried it both as it comes as well as toasted. Two slices of the sliced bread contains 289 calories and a whopping 30.5g protein!
MEATS & FISH GOODIES
- Chicken Sausages – These are delicious and at only 80 calories each you can look forward to a BBQ every night of the week 😉
- Smoked Salmon – I love salmon and the smoked variety goes really well on salads or in a wrap or if I’m feeling peckish between meals I may wrap some up around some rocket or spinach leaves and devour it!
- Tilapia Fillets – If you fancy a change to cod or haddock then try these, they are great for lunch or dinner – I cooked them in my George Foreman.
On My Wish List..
- MuscleMousse Protein Dessert – has anyone tried this before?! UPDATE: I have now tried this product & “omg” it is AMAZING. I tried the white chocolate version and it is delicious! You whizz some up with water or milk then chill it in the fridge to allow it to thicken.. it makes the most amazing high protein mousse dessert & even freezes amazing to make ice-lollies!!!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars – need I say any more?!
P.S Don’t forget to use the code NIC5 for 5% off – Thanks Muscle Food!!
**JUNE/JULY 2014 GIVEAWAY**
So enough teasing you with what I’ve been munching on this week and onto what YOU can win. There will be THREE winners of this giveaway each receiving a £10 voucher to spend at MuscleFood (you HAVE to get the Vitafiber if you’re a Quest Bar fan!) AS WELL AS a nut ‘n more nut butter..
To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is:
1) Comment below telling me which nuts ‘n more nut butter you would like out of Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Almond Butter & Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter – for more info click [here].
2) Register your entry in the widget below..
3) Follow the instructions in the widget for more chances to enter!
This giveaway will stay open for 2 weeks (from Thursday 19th June to Thursday 3rd July) and the 3 winners will be revealed within the widget the day after it closes. Due to postal reasons this giveaway is open to UK residents only (sorry!).
*Samples of the products mentioned were supplied to me free of charge however this review is 100% honest and of my own opinion. I chose to do this giveaway based on the merits of the products (from a personal/professional point of view). I do not promote products mentioned more than others. This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information, as well as for my over all view on protein powders/shakes.