If you’re a smoothie fan like me then you’ll love the simplicity of this high protein berry smoothie – it’s made with 100% whole foods & tastes delicious!
In the video above I show you how to make a simply smoothie that is perfect for either breakfast or after a workout as it’s packed with 20g of protein – essential for repairing and building muscle as well as preventing muscle loss if you’re trying to lose weight.
This smoothie recipe provides;
– Vitamins & minerals, including vitamin C which is essential for our immune system, from the berries & vitamin E plus magnesium from the seed mix.
– Fibre and antioxidants from the berries & flax seed mix (I used the milled seed packs from Linwoods!)
– Essential fatty acids (omega 3) for heart health from the seed mix
– Protein from the Greek yoghurt & milk
– Natural sweetness & flavour from the honey & cinnamon
I used my new ‘Boss To Go’ blender from Sage to make this recipe and I am SO impressed with it; it even makes my ‘green smoothie’ that I have on a morning (frozen banana, ice, milk, whey protein & spinach) SUPER SMOOTH!! The Boss To Go uses a high powered motor to blend ingredients up to 42% finer than other blenders meaning the end result is not only nicer to drink but tastier too; the smaller the particles the more taste that you get (compare icing sugar to granulated sugar and you’ll see what I mean!).
Do let me know if you want a more in-depth review of the Sage Boss to Go, but for now I can say that I highly recommend it and love the fact that it comes with two really big drinking cups (made from premium BPA free tritan that are shatter proof and suitable for the dishwasher too) and lids which allow you to easily take your smoothie ‘to go’ with you!! It also looks super stylish on your kitchen counter as I”m sure you’ll agree!!
You can buy the blender from Amazon FYI!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe – do let me know if you make it or any version that you adapt from it!
High Protein Berry Smoothie
- 2-3 large (50g) frozen strawberries*
- small handful (30g) blueberries
- 1/3 cup (90ml) milk - any kind
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1 heaped tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: Ice & more milk for a thinner smoothie
- Put all of the ingredients into your blender
- Blend! Add more milk or ice for a thinner smoothie. Add more honey to taste (if needed)
- Serve & enjoy!
*Wash the strawberries & remove the green tops BEFORE freezing! I like to freeze my berries & also banana slices in freezable food bags.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Total Carbohydrates 23 g
Protein 21 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. I was gifted samples of the linseed mix to use in the recipe as well as the blender to try it out. All opinions are 100% honest & I only use products in my blog posts that I genuinely love and would buy with my own money. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.