If you’re looking for a high protein flapjack recipe that’s packed with healthy ingredients then look no further!
This recipe combines oats, seeds, dried fruit and protein (along with coconut oil and honey) to produce delicious flapjacks that are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They are bursting with vitamins, minerals, omega 3 and soluble fibre and are a great source of protein (5-10g per bar depending on how many slices you cut them in to!).
Healthy Protein Flapjack
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats*
- 1 scoop (25g) protein powder**
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (35g) milled flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (45g) mixed seeds
- 1 slightly heaped cup (130g) dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey/maple syrup (vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla/cinnamon/cocoa
- dark chocolate (for decoration)
- Pre-heat your oven to 175C (350F) and add all of the dry ingredients into a food processor & blitz for a few minutes until 90% of the dates have been broken up into tiny pieces
- Pour the dry ingredients into a bowl and melt the honey & coconut oil in the microwave for a minute, stir and add to the dry ingredients
- Mix until all of the dry ingredients are coated with the oil & honey before pouring into a greased baking tray (or I lined mine with baking paper)
- Press the mixture down firmly all over so that the mixture is packed together tightly before baking for 20 minutes
- Allow the flapjack to cool in the tin before transferring to the fridge for 4-5 hours. You'll then be able to slice the bars into 6-12 pieces before dipping them into melted dark chocolate and popping them back in to the fridge to set
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.