These oat, blueberry and banana muffins are delicious, and you would never guess that they are healthy and good for you too!
These muffins are gluten free (make sure to buy gluten free oats if required), contain no refined sugar and are literally bursting with antioxidant goodness thanks to the blueberries and bananas (antioxidants are the things that keep us healthy).
Perfect for breakfast or even a snack, these healthy muffins are super juicy & moist thanks to the mashed bananans and berries. I’ve also used strawberries instead of the blueberries which tasted delicious too!
Oat & Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 250g oats (125g of which blended into oat flour*)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g blueberries
- 185ml milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt, 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable/rapeseed oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F)
- Mix together the oats & oat flour with the baking powder, cinnamon & salt
- Add the mashed bananas & stir with a fork before mixing in the blueberries (gently!)
- Whisk together the honey, oil, egg, milk & vanilla before folding into the mixture until all of the dry mixture is coated
- Divide into 16 silicone muffin cases** or greased paper muffin cases (to prevent sticking.. 1 cal spray oil works for this)
- Bake for ~25 mins until cooked (a tooth-pick should come out clean!).. then allow to cool!
- Enjoy! These muffins can be kept in the fridge or in a cool cupboard. They can also be frozen for later.
*To make oat flour simply blend the oats in your blender for a few moments.
**I've been asked where I bought my single silicone muffin cases from.. the answer (like always!) is Amazon!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 17 g
Protein 2.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.