I’ve never made “baked eggs” before I set about trialling this recipe but I really was SO impressed. They taste incredible and look amazing yet are really easy and quick to make!
Baked eggs are high in protein, vitamins and minerals yet low in fat and carbs (you can serve it with some granary bread if you wish though!) and make an ideal healthy breakfast, light lunch or even brunch.
So if you want to know how to make this recipe simply watch the short video above and/or scroll down! Enjoy.. 🙂
Healthy Baked Eggs
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes*
- handful of spinach (optional)
- 2-4 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground coriander & cumin
- spray oil for the pan**
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt to serve
- Optional: Feta cheese for topping!
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C (fan) or 190 degrees C before frying the onion until soft and golden.
- Add the peppers & fry for a few minutes until soft and then add the chopped tomatoes, spices and optional spinach. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Divide the mixture between two small-medium oven-proof dishes, make a well in the middle and crack 1-2 eggs into each (depending on how hungry you are!).
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (until the white it set).
- Serve with black pepper & a spoon of natural yoghurt (or some feta cheese & chunky bread!) .. and enjoy!
*I used chopped tomatoes with herbs.
**I used spray oil but you could use rapeseed oil or coconut oil for frying.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
My girlfriend just made me this for breakfast and it was delicious, thanks Nic!
Aw that’s great! Thank you 🙂