Healthy Baked Eggs
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes*
- handful of spinach (optional)
- 2-4 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground coriander & cumin
- spray oil for the pan**
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt to serve
- Optional: Feta cheese for topping!
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C (fan) or 190 degrees C before frying the onion until soft and golden.
- Add the peppers & fry for a few minutes until soft and then add the chopped tomatoes, spices and optional spinach. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Divide the mixture between two small-medium oven-proof dishes, make a well in the middle and crack 1-2 eggs into each (depending on how hungry you are!).
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (until the white it set).
- Serve with black pepper & a spoon of natural yoghurt (or some feta cheese & chunky bread!) .. and enjoy!
*I used chopped tomatoes with herbs.
**I used spray oil but you could use rapeseed oil or coconut oil for frying.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Protein 8 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/healthy-baked-eggs-recipe/