Smoothies are a great way of getting a whole lot of goodness in just one glass, and this Green Monster super Smoothie recipe has to be one of the most nutritious of all. At first I didn’t believe that a smoothie made with GREEN VEGETABLES could taste good but oh my how I was wrong.. this smoothie is super delicious as well as being nutritious and even my sister agrees!
This green monster smoothie is crammed with antioxidants, vitamins (including vitamins A & C), minerals (including calcium & iron) and fibre and provides just 98 calories per glass (this recipe serves 2).
You can also add a scoop of protein powder to make it the perfect *post work-out* smoothie!
Green Monster Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (peel it first!)
- 1 small handful (1/2 cup) blueberries
- 2 small handfuls (1 cup) spinach
- 200ml milk - I used unsweetened almond milk
- Optional - Scoop of protein powder
- Add half the frozen banana to your blender along with the blueberries, half of the spinach and all of the milk
- Add the other half of the frozen banana and the rest of the spinach (add the optional protein powder now!)
- Serve & enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.4 g
Total Carbohydrates 23 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.