It was a twitter follower who first told me about this recipe and as soon as I saw the words ‘chocolate’ and ‘pudding’ I couldn’t wait to get started. This chocolate pudding is packed with 100% healthy ingredients and is super quick and simple to make.
P.S I’ve included a breakfast version of this dessert too!!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 300ml almond milk (rice milk also works)
- 45-50g (4-5 tbsp) chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa (swap for tsp if this is too rich for you, or use hot chocolate powder instead)
- 1-2 tbsp honey, agave nectar or sweet freedom (again swap for tsp if desired)
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl and keep mixing until all of the cocoa/hot chocolate powder is dissolved
- Pour into your chosen bowl or glass ( x 2)
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.. and enjoy!
And here is my breakfast version of this recipe.. inspired by YOUR comments (thank you!!)
Ingredients (serves 1): 45g (1/4 cup) chia seeds, 200ml milk, 1 tbsp stevia, 1/4 tsp vanilla plus toppings of frozen berries & honey.
Method: 1) Combine the chia seeds, milk, stevia and vanilla in a bowl 2) Stir well, cover & chill in the fridge overnight or for at least two hours 3) Give the breakfast pudding a final stir before topping with fruit & honey!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.