Being a ‘Yorkshire Lass’ I’m lucky to have pretty decent tap water but this recipe Cucumber Limeade makes water taste SO much better!
This drink is super hydrating and is perfect for summer or on those mornings when you need a refreshing ‘pick me up’ … for whatever reason 😉 It’s also MUCH healthier than fizzy pop.
And if you like this recipe then do check out my Lemon, Cucumber & Mint Detox Water too!
- 350ml water*
- 1 cucumber
- 30g (2 tbsp) xylitol**
- 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp salt***
- 14 ice-cubes (a large handful!)
- Peel the cucumber & remove any seeds before slicing into pieces (English cucumbers don't tend to have seeds!)
- Add the pieces of cucumber, water, sugar/xylitol, salt & the juice of the lime to a blender along with half of the ice-cubes
- Pour over the remaining ice-cubes in two glasses & serve immediately (if the drink starts to separate just give it a good mix with a spoon!)
*Can be filtered if necessary, I’ve seen water filters for sale in supermarkets as well as online from Amazon!
**Xylitol is a 100% natural sugar alternative that has fewer calories than sugar and is kind to teeth too!
***I use celtic sea salt because of it’s superior taste & mineral content in comparison to regular table salt.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 16 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.