These waffles are seriously delicious, and it’s a double bonus that they are 100% healthy and high in protein too.
These waffles are perfect for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert and they taste delicious with fresh fruit & yoghurt.
If you don’t have protein powder check out my original Healthy Waffle Recipe!
Chocolate Protein Waffles
- 1 scoop/30g chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk e.g. almond/skimmed
- 1/4 cup (30g) oat flour (simply blend oats to make)
- 1/2 large banana (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- spray oil
- Add your mashed banana to a bowl along with the protein powder, milk, oat flour, egg, cocoa and baking powder
- Whisk or blend in a food processor
- Spray your pre-heated waffle maker (well) with spray oil
- Pour your waffle mix in to the maker (I have a double square waffle maker and this mixture makes 4 of them).. just make sure that you don't over-fill it!
- Close the lid & allow the waffle to cook for 5-6 minutes
- Serve with your chosen fruit, maple syrup & a dash of cinnamon
P.S I got my waffle maker from Amazon!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.
Fabulous recipe and tastes fantastic who’d have thought they are healthy.
Can’t wait to have some more – easy peasy to make thankyou
Hi Emma, so glad you like them! You’ve made me want to get out my waffle maker again now!! Thanks for your comment 🙂 Nic x
Didn’t have a waffle iron on hand, so improvised and make mine in a toastie maker…success!!! Tastes beaut!! Will be doing this again!! xx
That’s brilliant Nikki!! Thanks for sharing your great idea – I’ll upload your great pic too! Nic xx
Ill have to give this a go with my toastie maker.x
I know!! Who knew! You can pick up waffle makers pretty cheap – although they are a bind to clean!! Maybe toastie makers are the future?! Haha! x
Love these, tasted amazing and so easy and quick! I will definitely make again! Great will Greek yoghurt xx
How many calories per waffle do you think there are please?
Tried my first one today – scrumptious x
If you scroll up to the blue and white nutrition stats box … it’s 90 calories per 4th of the mixture 🙂 so glad you liked them! x
Just made these for the second time! WOW! I added a drip of almond extract this time, as well as topping with smashed strawberries. Yum!
Oooh that sounds gorgeous! Thanks for your comment Nathan 🙂
Hiya Nic what could you use instead of banana? Or can you not taste the banana much?
You can’t taste the banana but you can swap it for apple sauce (I use the fruit purees from the baby aisle!!) x
Ahhh that is a good idea!!! Do you think 1 pouch would be about the same amount? X
a 100g pot = 1 medium banana 🙂
Thank you!!!!!! Xx