This is one of my all time favourite recipes.
Frittatas are not only super delicious but they are super healthy too. Each little egg muffin provides 10g of protein and just 93 calories. They are also great to make in advance as they keep in the fridge for 3 days (72 hours).
I made my last batch on a Sunday lunch time and they were still delicious on the following Wednesday lunch time; you just need to heat each frittata in the microwave for ~1 min until warmed all the way through!
To create the perfectly balanced meal I suggest serving these frittatas with salad & home-made sweet potato wedges (simply slice & bake in the oven for 30-40 mins with some 1 cal spray oil & some herbs). They are also great for breakfast/brunch too 🙂
Tuna Feta Frittatas
- 6 eggs
- 75ml milk
- 1 tin of sweetcorn (~260g)
- 2 tins of tuna, flaked* (~225g)
- 100g light feta cheese
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp of coriander or chives
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C (180 C for a fan oven)
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add in your milk, tuna, sweetcorn, feta cheese, herbs and black pepper
- Mix with a fork
- Spoon the mixture into 12 silicone muffin cases or a metal muffin tins lined with baking paper (& sprayed with 1 cal spray oil if needed)
- Bake in the oven until the egg is cooked (15-25 minutes depending on your oven)
- Serve with salad & sweet potato wedges (my choice!)
*You can swap the tinned tuna for tinned salmon if you prefer!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 3 g
Protein 10 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.