How amazing does this dish look?! The recipe for these black bean burgers (patties) is from OurPath’s recipe book and they couldn’t be easier to make.
Our Path is a new digital health coaching platform that helps people to build healthier lifestyle habits in a sustainable way and they even partner with the NHS which is why I’ve chosen to collaborate with them!
All of Our Path’s recipes sound amazing but I couldn’t wait to make these black bean patties as they are ideal for meat-free Monday! They provide fibre as well as plant-based protein and taste delicious served in either a wholemeal bap or with some sweet potato wedges.
Do let me know if you try these patties too!
Black Bean Patties
- 2 x 400g tins black beans
- 4 x spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & diced (optional)
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 75g wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 handful dress coriander and/or chives, roughly chopped
- spray olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- Roughly mash the black beans in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients (except the oil)
- Roll the mix into 8 even balls & flatten into patties; place on a plate lined with baking paper & chill in the fridge for 10-15 mins
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the patties for 3-5 mins on each side until lightly browned
- Serve in a wholemeal bun or wedges/sweet potato with salad
*You can swap the black beans for kidney beans.