If you’ve seen my tzatziki dip recipe then you’ll know that I’ve just come back from the beautiful island of Santorini. One of the highlights of my holiday was discovering an amazing new healthy Greek salad recipe which I’ve brought home (not literally!) to share with you all.
This (Santorini) Greek salad recipe makes an ideal starter, light lunch or side dish, and tastes great with lamb kebabs & brown rice or crusty bread.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled (optional), halved & sliced
- 1/2 red/white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced
- handful of green & black olives
- handful of cherry tomatoes (halved) or a beef tomato sliced
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tbsp capers - optional
- Sea salt/pepper/dill or oregano to season
- EITHER... simply toss all of the above ingredients together in a bowl with the feta crumbled on top & serve..
- OR... layer the cucumber at the base of a bowl before adding the cherry tomatoes/beef tomato chunks, pepper slices & onion slices, olives & topping with a block of light feta cheese. Add the capers on top (optional) and season with olive oil, salt, pepper & dill or oregano (optional).
- OR... divide the bowl into quarters and simply fill each quarter with an ingredient; cucumber, onion, pepper and tomatoes, and top with the olives and feta cheese! Drizzle with olive oil.
Nutritional stats are for the entire recipe.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 22 g
Total Carbohydrates 11 g
Protein 19 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.