Following on from my Quest Bar Review this week, here are my two favourite recipes to make with them.. and don’t worry if you don’t have any Quest Bars to hand, you can still make my ‘Apple Bake’ (just check out my substitution!).. but it just won’t be QUITE as nice ;).
Do let me know if you make either of them!
**Quest Bar Poptart**
– 1 Quest Bar
– 1/2 small ripe banana, mashed
– 1/2 tbsp warmed peanut butter*
*can be swapped for 2 tsp PPB mixed with 1 tsp milk/water
– Mix together the peanut butter and mashed banana and set to one side
– Heat the Quest Bar for 10-12 seconds in the microwave until warm (on a plate covered with baking paper so it doesn’t stick!) & then roll out the Quest Bar between 2 sheets of baking paper before slicing into two pieces
– Place a spoon full of the banana & peanut butter mix onto one side of the Quest Bar and top with the other half of the Quest Bar before flattening down the edges with a fork (to make a seal)
– Top your Quest Bar ‘PopTart’ with the remaining banana & peanut butter mix (topping with sprinkles at this point is optional!) & bake at 175 degrees C (350º F) for 8-10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly (to firm up) before enjoying!
**Quest Bar Apple Bake**
– 1/2 Quest Bar*
– 1 apple (cored widely, leaving base of apple intact)
– 1 tbsp rolled oats
– 1 tsp cinnamon
*can be swapped for 1-2 tbsp peanut butter or 2-4 tbsp PPB mixed with 1-2 tbsp milk/water.
– Roll up half a Quest Bar (tip: don’t use choc chunk as the chunks get in the way!) and put in inside the cored apple (or spoon the peanut butter inside)
– Top with the oats and cinnamon
– Bake at 175 degrees C (350º F) for 30 mins until the apple is soft and ‘gooey’
– Top with your favourite toppings e.g. yoghurt, stevia, honey, raisins or PPB sauce/cinnamon (as pictured) and serve!
How do you like to enjoy your Quest Bars?!
P.S For more recipes using Quest Bars check out [this recipe book] from Predator Nutrition!
*Samples of the product mentioned were supplied to me free of charge however I was not influenced in any way by the free samples and do not promote this product more than other products that I have not reviewed. This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information, as well as for my views on protein supplements.