So who doesn’t love pancakes?!
Pancakes make the prefect breakfast or weekend brunch, but the ‘usual’ pancake recipes are often high in calories/fat (because of the butter) and refined white flour (lacking in fibre). This HEALTHY pancake recipe is however COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.. it’s high in protein, has a low GI (meaning it will keep you feeling fuller for longer), is a great source of soluble fibre (to lower cholesterol) and is packed with antioxidants (thanks to the blueberries). Did I mention it also tastes *amazing* too?!
P.S Don’t be put off by the secret ingredient.. cottage cheese!! 😉
Oat & Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 50g oats*
- 100g low fat cottage cheese (or quark)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50g blueberries
- Spray oil for frying
- Add the oats, cottage cheese or quark, eggs and cinnamon to a bowl and using a hand blender mix all of the ingredients together (this can also be done in a food processor)
- Spray a non-stick pan with 1 cal oil and pour in 1/4 of the mixture
- Cook for 2 minutes (placing 1/4 of the blueberries on after a few moments)
- Flip and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes
- Serve with yoghurt & an extra sprinkling of cinnamon.. & enjoy!
*To make this recipe gluten-free use gluten-free oats
Nutritional stats are given per pancake
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 10 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.