This healthy strawberry mousse recipe tastes amazing and is super light & refreshing too.
It’s also packed with vitamin C from the strawberries and protein from the Greek yoghurt, which helps us to feel fuller for longer.
I used xanthan gum in this recipe as a thickener which I’ve never actually used before – it looks like baking powder and trust me.. a little goes a long way!!
Healthy Strawberry Mousse
- 400g punnet strawberries
- 100g baking Truvia* or 1/4 cup sweetener suitable for heating
- 1 tsp xanthan gum**
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 250g (1 cup) fat free Greek yoghurt
- In a food processor puree 1/2 of the strawberries (200g) and add them to a pan (use a potato masher to puree further if needed). Heat together with the sugar-alternative e.g. baking Truvia as well as xanthin gum to make a strawberry puree
- Bring to the boil and remove from the heat. Add in the cold water and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Chop the remaining strawberries into quarters and mix into the yoghurt
- Combine the strawberry & yoghurt mix with the strawberry puree and transfer to an airtight container.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving between 2 portions!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 47 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.