Happy Easter everyone! Today I thought I’d share with you a recipe that I originally posted back in 2015 and have made every year since.. my Healthy Easter Macaroon Nests with Mini Eggs!
“If you’re familiar with my blog/my ethos then you’ll know that I promote and live by the 80/20 rule.. which means if you’re living your life 80% healthy then you can afford to indulge guilt free for the rest of the time! There’s no such a thing as a good or bad food.. but there is such a thing as a good or bad diet!
That’s where these little chocolate macaroons come in.. they are 80% good for you and have a little 20% dash of ‘naughty’ thanks to the Mini Eggs (they are my favourite thing to have at this time of year!).
I created this recipe by adapting my original healthy coconut macaroon recipe.. I simply swapped the ground almond/PPB for cocoa and made them into little nest shapes (to hold the Mini Eggs!).
This super simple recipe requires just 4 main ingredients (5 including the Mini Eggs!) and you can whip them up super quickly (just remember to allow them to cool before popping them out of the baking cases so they don’t break – or use paper cases!).”
P.S To make more than 5 macaroons simply double or triple the ingredients!
Healthy Easter Macaroons
- 70g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp (50g) honey or golden syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp (10g) cocoa
- 15 mini eggs (3 per each nest)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C (fan) and mix together the coconut, honey/golden syrup, egg white and cocoa in a bowl - mix well until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture between 5 silicone muffin cases and press down the mixture so it's tightly compact (I used the end of a flat tumbler glass for this!). Then make a small well in each macaroon to make a 'nest' for the eggs - I used the end of a wooden spoon for this
- Bake for 17 minutes (I placed the silicone muffin tray on a baking tray) and allow to cool completely (15-20 mins) before popping them out and filling with the Mini Eggs! NB, If you don't let them cool completely they may crumble - I lost one this way which is why only 4 are pictured! It still tasted good though!!
This recipe makes 5 macaroon.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11 g
Total Carbohydrates 33 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Happy Easter Everyone!!
Another great recipe, thanks Nic 🙂 So quick and easy to make, they taste delicious!!
Aw thanks Katy!!
These look like the perfect Easter treat 🙂
Thanks Dannii! Just about to add some amazing pics that I’ve been sent of them!! xx