I LOVE food that tastes ‘naughty’ but is actually good for you/not that ‘naughty’ at all and these healthy coconut macaroons are just that!
These macaroons are not only totally delicious but are super easy to make too and require just four ingredients; you simply mix, shape and bake, that’s it!
The main ingredient is (unsweetened) desiccated coconut which provides fibre as well as MCT (medium chain triglyceride) fats, which are easily digested by the body and more readily used for energy than other types of fats. I love adding desiccated coconut to yoghurt and porridge for added taste and texture too!
Images copyrighted to Bazzerio.
- 2/3 cup (70g) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp (10g) ground almonds or PPB*
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp honey/agave nectar (30ml)
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla/cocoa/stevia
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C and mix together the desiccated coconut and ground almonds/PPB before adding the egg white and honey
- Mix well before dividing between 6 silicone muffin cases**. Press down the mixture so it's tightly compact
- Bake for 17 minutes and allow to cool completely before popping them out and enjoying!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.