Would you believe me if I told you that these gorgeous chocolate brownies are actually good for you?!
These chocolate brownies are packed with protein, soluble fibre, antioxidants and vitamin A.
They also taste AMAZING and are very diet and weight loss friendly at only 100 calories a piece. Oh and don’t get put off by the secret ingredient.. the humble sweet potato! 😉
Sweet Potato Protein Brownies
- 400g (2 medium) sweet potatoes
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 2 heaped tbsp (20g) oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp honey/agave nectar/freedom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp rapeseed or coconut oil
- Optional ingredients: 1 tsp coffee or cocoa, tsp orange zest, dried cranberries or raisins, chopped almonds or walnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F or gas mark 4)
- Skin the potatoes, chop into chunks and cook in the microwave until soft (5-6 minutes)
- Either mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl or add into your food processor and blend until 'mushy'
- Add the chocolate protein powder, oats, cinnamon and baking powder and blend together
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together (in a microwave - stir every 20 seconds and make sure not to burn the chocolate) and add this to the blender along with the egg whites and honey before blending again. Then stir in any extra ingredients.
- Pour your mixture into a lined or greased baking tray (8" by 8") and bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool & slice in to 12 pieces.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.