I love snack bars – especially healthy ones! They can be a perfect pick-me-up between meals and make a delicious dessert idea as well. These Weetabix snack bars are an ideal lunch box addition and contain just 125 Kcal each. They also bursting with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and fibre from the fruit and wholegrain cereal, and contain healthy monounsaturated fatty acids as a bonus. These snack bars are super quick and easy to make and can be adapted to contain different dried fruits depending on your preferences.
- 4 Weetabix biscuits crumbled
- 60g self raising flour
- 120g dried apricots (chopped)
- 120g sultanas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 60g brown sugar
- 135g fat-free natural yoghurt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4
- Mix together all of the above ingredients in a large bowl
- Press the mixture into an 8-inch square or 7 x 11 inch shallow rectangular baking tin (lightly greased or lined with baking paper)
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!!