The other week I was challenged to find a delicious and simple way of eating more fibre, so what better way than making a traditional (no bake) chocolate crispy cake recipe that little bit healthier!
These super tasty, high-fibre treats are made from just 4 main ingredients.. All Bran (the original one!), peanut butter (although you can use any nut or seed butter!), honey and cocoa, and they are super simple to make.
Eating a diet high in fibre contributes to a healthy digestive system.. along with enjoying regular meals, drinking plenty of fluids and keeping active!
So, scroll down to see how to make these delicious bundles of chocolate joy .. whoop whoop! 🙂
Healthy Chocolate Crispy Cakes
- 2.5 cups (200g) All Bran
- 1/2 cup (130g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (170g) honey
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa
- heaped 1/3 cup (60g) raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla & pinch of salt
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a pan & heat until combined (or you can heat in the microwave for a minute or so) .. add the cocoa & mix well. Then add the vanilla & a pinch of salt (to bring out the flavour!).
- Add your All Bran to a large mixing bowl & add the peanut butter, honey & cocoa mix (or tip the All bran into your bowl/pan of peanut butter, honey & cocoa!) .. mix well until thoroughly combed!
- Stir in the raisins (optional) before scooping out the mixture & popping into silicone muffin cases* OR line a baking tray or Pyrex dish with baking paper and press the mixture into it.
- Freeze the mixture for at least 30 minutes (and then slice if you pressed the mixture into a baking tray - lift the mixture out first!). Keep these beauties in the fridge until you want to devour!
*I use silicone muffin cases as it prevents waste & makes them really easy to get out!
Nutritional stats provided are for per 16th of the recipe without the raisins.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 17 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
P.S I also had a go at making All Bran Muffins (I tweaked their ingredients a little though!) .. they are perfect for a breakfast on the go 🙂
*I was provided provided samples of All Bran to use in this recipe. I do not promote products mentioned more than others. This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.