If you’re after a super quick and simple yoghurt based pancake recipe that gives you the most delicious, high protein and healthy pancakes (where you can eat an entire batch of them for breakfast guilt free) then look no further!
I decided to use Greek Yoghurt in this recipe as I wanted to create a pancake stack that was naturally high in protein (and didn’t use protein powder or bananas like in my American Style Protein Pancake Recipe) and that tasted DELICIOUS.
Total Greek Yoghurt:
- Is 100% natural – with no additives or preservatives
- Contains only milk & live culture – It takes 4 litres of milk to make 1 litre of Total Greek Yoghurt!
- Has a high amount of protein per 100g – Total 0% Greek Yoghurt has 10.3g protein per 100g!
- Comes in either 0%, 2% and Classic 5% fat options
- Is made authentically in Greece
- Is ideal for making pancakes with or as a low calorie replacement for mayonnaise, cream and creme fraiche
Do let me know if you make this recipe and send me a picture on social media (links to the right!) & if you want to see me make these pancakes then check out my YouTube video below!
Greek Yoghurt Pancakes
This Greek Yoghurt Pancake recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my blog; I'm sent pictures of it every week on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram! Do tag me if you post a picture too 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 40g oat or buckwheat flour*
- 100g Greek Yoghurt**
- Extras: 1-2 tsp of Stevia, Cinnamon, Honey, Xylitol or Vanilla***
- Oil for cooking****
- Add your eggs, oat flour, greek yoghurt and extra flavours (I used 1 tsp of vanilla & 2 tsp of stevia, which is a natural sweetener) to a bowl
- Whisk until light & fluffy - I used an electric whisk
- Heat your pan on a medium heat, with your oil, and pour in small amounts of the mixture (to create my pancake stack I cooked 2 small pancakes in the pan for the base and then cooked batches of 3 pancakes per pan for the rest of the pancake stack!)
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes before flipping with a spatula and placing on a plate once cooked - repeat until you have none of the mixture left
- Stack your pancakes in a pile (my choice) and top with your favourite toppings! I chose more Greek yoghurt, banana, frozen berries, cinnamon & cacao nibs!
*To make oat flour simply blend rolled oats (porridge oats) in a blender for a few seconds. I make a big batch of oat flour at once and store it in an air-tight jar!
**I used 0% fat Total Greek yoghurt
***You can get stevia & xylitol, which are healthier alternatives to sugar, from health food shops & supermarkets
****I use coconut oil or rapeseed oil, along with a non-stick pan!
Nutritional stats provided are for the entire pancake recipe - sharing them is up to you 😉
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10 g
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Protein 25 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.