I love healthy ‘food trends’ as it gets people cooking and experimenting in the kitchen! One food trend that caught my eye was Cloud Eggs and I couldn’t wait to whip them up!
Cloud eggs are created in the oven and require no extra ingredients. They are perfect if you love poached or scrambled eggs and simply fancy a change!
I posted my first and second attempts at making cloud eggs on Instagram and you’ll see that they look SO much better the second time; this is because I found a neat little trick to keeping the egg yolks intact whilst you’re whipping up the egg yolk; simply keep them in the egg shell!
Eggs are ideal for breakfast, brunch and lunch as well as after a workout as they are packed with protein which helps us to feel full and helps to support muscle repair. Eggs are also relatively low in calories (78 per egg) and provide the vitamins A, B6, B12 and D. Add a slice of seeded bread for fibre, tomatoes for colour and avocado for some healthy fats and you have a perfectly balanced nutritious meal!
I hope you love cloud eggs as much as me and have a go at making them too!
- 2 Eggs
- Optional: Paprika
- Optional To Serve: Seeded Toast, Avocado, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Spinach
- Crack your eggs and pour the egg whites into a bowl. Keep the yolks in their shells for later (propped up so it doesn't fall over and spill!)
- Whisk the egg whites until fluffy - I use an electric whisk for this for speed!
- Add any optional extras such as paprika
- Spoon the whipped egg whites in a round cloud shape on a baking tray, making a well in the middle where the yolks will go later
- Bake in an oven preheated at 200°C oven for 5-6 minutes until fluffy and firm
- Tip the egg yolk in the middle of the white cloud before returning to the oven for 3 minutes to set and serving!
I personally like my cloud eggs on the top of a slice of toast topped with avocado with a side of tomatoes!
Nutrition stats are per egg!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 0.6 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.