After making a video for my Greek Yoghurt Healthy Pancake Recipe I thought it was time to make a protein version of the pancakes.. a chocolate protein version for that matter! And you can [click here] to see the recipe in action!
I have a few healthy pancake recipes already on my blog, and you may have already tried my ‘American Style Banana Protein Pancakes’ .. this recipe however is for all of you non-banana lovers (please excuse the banana on the side of the pancakes as shown in the pic!!) as I have used yoghurt instead of banana to add moisture!
The entire pancake batter comes in at under 250 calories and provides a whopping 45g of protein – more if you include extra yoghurt as a topping, which is great for muscle-repair and leaving you feeling fuller for longer.
Who says pancakes are just for pancake day?? NOT ME!! Enjoy :).
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 30g chocolate whey protein*
- 10g cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 100g 2% fat Greek yoghurt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Toppings: fruit/yoghurt/chocolate sauce such as Choc Shot
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl (apart from the oil and toppings) and whisk together with an electric whisk.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan until hot and pour in some of the mixture to make a round pancake. Cook on each side for a couple of minutes until the batter turns into a pancake (use a large spatula to turn the pancakes over).
- Add the pancake to a plate and repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve your pancake stack with extra yoghurt and berries and enjoy!
*I use MyProtein.
Nutrition stats are for the whole batter (serves 1).
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Protein 45 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.