If you’re after a healthy pizza recipe that WON’T break the calorie balance and WILL nourish you from the inside out then you’ve found it!! Please do NOT be put off by the main ingredient (cauliflower!) … I promise that you can’t even tell it’s there in the end!! It seriously tastes incredible!
‘Skinny’ pizza recipes aren’t new to my blog.. I’ve already posted my ‘healthy pizza recipe’ made from pitta bread, but this recipe takes the word ‘healthy’ TO ANOTHER LEVEL.. excuse the capital letters, you can tell I’m getting over excited now! This recipe is though packed with fibre (4g per pizza base), the vitamins C, K and B6 and the minerals folate and manganese (all thanks to the ‘magic’ cauliflower!), as well as calcium and protein (thanks to the cheese and eggs!).
Anyway, I’ll let [this video] do the talking and the pictures do the persuading.. do let me know if you make this recipe!!
P.S For more healthy recipes (I post a new one each week!) don’t forget to subscribe to [My YouTube Channel] – Just click the red ‘subscribe’ button towards the top right of the screen!
- 1 cauliflower (approx. 380g)
- 1/2 cup (75g) grated cheese*
- 1 egg & 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tsp garlic granules, basil & oregano
- Pizza sauce/passata/tomato puree
- Toppings of your choice!**
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees C & chop the cauliflower into florets.. add to your food processor & blitz until it looks like rice/couscous.
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl along with the eggs, grated cheese and herbs (plus black pepper if you desire!) and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into your pizza shapes (this recipe makes 2 pizzas) on a lightly greased baking tray lined with baking paper.. check out my video above to see how I created the perfect 'round pizza'! Spritz with spray oil (optional) & bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Once baked, add a few spoons of your tomato sauce (leaving a 1 inch 'crust' near the edge) before adding your chosen vegetables & sliced mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes & serve with salad!
*I used reduced fat mature cheddar (pre-grated!)
**I used for Pizza 1: Roasted pepper, mushrooms, sliced light mozzarella & salad tomatoes.. and for Pizza 2: Sweet corn, red onion, sliced light mozzarella & rocket.
Nutritional stats provided are for one cauliflower pizza base, excluding toppings (this recipe makes two).
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Total Carbohydrates 6 g
Protein 23 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.