Today’s recipe is one that I’ve been meaning to blog for a while.. a healthy smoothie recipe with one of my favourite ‘new’ ingredients.. peanut butter! I say ‘new’ as I’ve only just recently tried it (can you believe it!).
Peanut butter is SO good for you as it’s packed with protein, healthy fats and Vitamin E – essential for beautiful skin! This smoothie is DELICIOUS.. so creamy and yet SO good for you.. and all in just 270 calories 🙂
Banana & Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 200ml of Hazelnut or Almond Milk (I use Alpro)
- 1 frozen banana (peel before freezing!)
- 1 tbsp (15g) peanut butter*
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Ice - optional**
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender
- Drink & enjoy!
*If you swap 1 tbsp of peanut butter for 2 tbsp of PB2 then the smoothie is only 209 Kcal, 37g carbs, 7g protein and 4g fat.
**For a chocolate kick also add 1 tsp of cocoa too.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10 g
Total Carbohydrates 43 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.