If you’re after a delicious and healthy Autumn/Fall dessert recipe then you’ve found it! .. Although having said that I’m pretty sure that you can eat this for breakfast and snack time too ;).
Baked figs with yoghurt tastes amazing, is the perfect ‘warm’ dessert (or breakfast/snack!) in these cold winter nights and it is SO easy and quick to make. I’ve also included vegan alternatives for the honey and yoghurt below (see the notes underneath the ingredients!) which means that no-one is missing out ;).
Figs are in season at the moment which means that the supermarkets will be selling them pretty cheap; so now is the time to be experimenting with them!
Figs are a source of natural energy and soluble fibre, and are rich in minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and copper and are a good source of antioxidant vitamins A, E and K which help us to stay healthy this winter!
If I was planning the perfect Autumn day of eating I think it would have to be:
- Breakfast: Baked Eggs with Granary Toast
- Mid Morning: No Bake Carrot Cake Bites
- Lunch: Salmon & Chickpea Warm Quinoa Salad
- Mid Afternoon: No Bake Protein Truffles
- Dinner: Healthy Fish & Chips
- Dessert: THIS RECIPE!! (of course!)
- Supper: a Chocolate Crispy Cake
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!! Anyway, to see how to make this yummy yet healthy Autumn dessert recipe watch my recipe video (it’s only 2 minutes 30 seconds!) and/or scroll below.. do leave a comment letting me know what you think of this recipe or if you make it!
- 4 figs
- 1 -2 tbsp honey/maple syrup*
- 6-8 tbsp yoghurt*
- flaked nuts/seeds
*Use maple syrup & soya yoghurt if you are vegan.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C, wash the figs and remove the stems. Score a cross in the top of them and place them in an oven proof dish.
- Drizzle the figs with honey and bake for 10-15 minutes until plump and tender.
- Serve warm with yoghurt and toppings of your choice (I chose flaked almonds & cinnamon!) & enjoy!