The other week I gave Soulmatefood a trial so here is my honest review along with an amazing recipe and a cheeky giveaway to give you the chance to try them too!
Soulmatefood is like having your very own private chef who prepares healthy AND tasty meals for the ENTIRE day. They offer innovative lifestyle menus (for weight loss, maintenance or gain), hand created for the individual and delivered straight to your front door. Soulmatefood is about being healthy both inside and out, with gourmet, delicious and nutritious meals and snacks prepared specifically for you, whatever your goal. They say “it is health food, but not as you know it” and I have to agree!
Unlike traditional chefs, Soulmatechefs dont rely on salt, sugar, butter and cream to make the meals burst with flavour and taste. Both their head and executive head chefs are nutrition savvy and live sleep and breathe healthy living and a passion for amazing food.
I was sent Soulmatefood’s weight loss menu (1500 calories a day) for the purpose of the review however as my personal goal is maintenance I actually added in an extra 800 calories a day (through either fruit, yoghurt or protein smoothies etc.). Prior to sending me the food, which is delivered in a cool box, 3 days at a time, Soulmatefoods asked me about my nutrition goals, weight goals, height, weight, activity levels and food dislikes; this ensures that the foods sent are to your liking and will help you to achieve your personal goal.
Each week Soulmatefoods provide you with 3 meals and 2 snacks a day for 6 days and I honestly was VERY impressed. The meals were nutritionally balanced and tasted amazing. To prepare the meals all you had to do was reheat them in the microwave or oven or simply eat them straight from the tub! The food is sent in plastic containers which are ideal for travelling and I have even saved mine to use again. I’ve also picked up some new fab ideas of how I change up my diet day to day and have even tried some of their recipes – scroll down for an amazing protein cookie recipe and look out for a savoury dish in the next couple of months!
The images that I’ve posted are of some of my favourite meals:
- First Image: The second of my 3 day deliveries along with meal plan for Friday – Sunday
- Second Image: Four of my favourite breakfast options: spring green frittata / orange & honey couscous / smoked mackerel, scrambled egg, mushrooms & spinach / raw cacao & hazelnut granola with vanilla yoghurt.
- Third Image: Four of my favourite snack options: healthy avocado chocolate cookie (recipe below!!) / lime hummus with crudities / lemon cashew bar / tamari roasted cashew & seed mix.
- Fourth Image: Four of my favourite meal options: spinach & pine nut & hummus salad / chicken, pear & walnut salad / chicken tagine with cauliflower couscous / Italian rub steak & rocket salad.
I was so impressed with the Healthy Avocado Chocolate Cookie that I had a go at making them 🙂
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or xylitol), 1 egg, 1/2 cup cocoa, 50g cocoa nibs, 1/2 tsp baking soda mixed with 1 tbsp water, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (can be missed out!), 1 medium sized soft avocado.
- Method: 1) Preheat your oven to 170 C & mix all of the ingredients together (or put them in a food processor & blend!) .. 2) Spoon out the mixture into golf-ball sized balls and place them slightly apart on to baking paper on a baking tray .. 3) Flatten the balls slightly with the back of a fork .. 4) Bake for 10 minutes, or until they have firmed up 5) Allow to cool & enjoy!
- Nutrition Stats: Makes 10 Cookies which provide 83 calories and 4.5g protein each.
So, what did I think of my 6 day experience with Soulmatefood?
- You don’t need to plan your meals, food shop or do any food prep/cooking
- Your personal nutritional requirements and calories are calculated and met
- The food and drinks taste amazing
- You get to pick 3 ingredients that you don’t want in your meals (I was sent one by accident though.. beetroot & clear braces do NOT mix!!)
- It’s cheaper than eating all of your meals out of the home
- It’s run by a professional and friendly team
Who Could Benefit:
- Those who struggle to plan weekly meals, food shop and/or cook
- Those who work away from home and need food to eat ‘on the go’ or in hotel rooms
- Those who want to lose, gain or maintain their weight and want an idea of how much food they should be eating
- It’s more expensive than food shopping and cooking for yourself (obviously)
How it could be Better:
- It would be great if the food could arrive before 8am on the first day of the plan, or the night before (meaning you can have breakfast when you want!)
- More stickers are needed on the outside of the box to say ‘keep it this way up right’ – Soulmatefood have told me that they are redesigning their packaging!
Overall I was really impressed and it sounds like those of you who have used them are as well – I would love to know if you have tried them or what you think about their service so do leave me a comment below if you have the time!
**SOULMATEFOOD OCTOBER/NOVEMBER GIVEAWAY**
The lovely people at Soulmatefood have been kind enough to offer one of my readers a 3 day healthy & delicious taster box for FREE, which will be tailored to your personal nutrition goals.
To enter all you have to do is [subscribe to my YouTube Channel] & then register your entry in the widget below (there are more chances entries in the widget too!):
This giveaway will stay open for 2 weeks; from Thursday 30th October to Thursday 13th November. The winner will be announced on the 14th of November within the widget (picked at random by the widget), on social media & in my December Newsletter! This giveaway is open to the UK due to delivery (sorry!).
Thank you for reading and good luck!
*A sample of the product mentioned was supplied to me free of charge to try, however words written are 100% honest and of my own opinion. I was not influenced in any way by the free sample supplied and do not promote these products more than other products that I have not reviewed. I chose to do this giveaway based on the merits of the product (from a personal/professional point of view). This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.