Losing weight is a massive accomplishment, no matter what the amount is.. but what about keeping it off? Or if you’re already a healthy weight, how can we prevent weight gain and stay slim for life?
I decided to pull together the top 5 things that I think are really important to helping you maintain a healthy weight for good. Check out the video below or on my YouTube Channel to hear me talking through them & do leave a comment with your top tips – I would love to hear them!
My Top 5 Tips on How to Stay SLIM!
Watch the video above for more information or click the links in red!
- Live by the 80/20 rule – If you eat ‘healthy’ 80% of the time i.e. eat mainly wholesome and unprocessed foods, then you can afford to indulge ‘guilt free’ for 20%. Never deny yourself of any foods because as soon as you ban something you’ll just start craving it more!
- Stay Calorie Aware – Know roughly how many calories you need a day and how many calories are in the foods that you eat regularly. Calorie counting using food labels or apps such as My Fitness Pal can be useful, however isn’t essential when if you eat foods in appropriate portion sizes.
- Exercise – Aim for at least 5 x 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise a week. Exercise will not only help you burn off excess calories but it will improve your overall health (reduce the risk of disease) and will help you to sleep better too, which is essential for controlling hunger levels the next day!
- Monitor your Weight – Although weight loss isn’t all about the number on the scales, keeping an eye on your weight is useful to know what it’s doing – i.e. are you maintaining, losing or gaining. Track your weight at least weekly in a diary or in an app.
- Stay Hydrated – Hunger and thirst can easily get confused so stay hydrated throughout the day so that you keep in tune with your true hunger levels. Try jazzing up your water with lemon, mint & cucumber (aka detox water!), fruity ice-cubes or have it hot as a herbal tea!
I really hope you find this blog post & video useful, what are your top tips?!
Love adding flavours to my water with fruits, especially citrus!
I’m definitely not one for calorie counting, but it is definitely important to be aware of what you’re eating! X
Thanks for your comment – love fruity water too! x
Great tips! I use my fitness pal and wouldn’t live without it! By far the easiest way to keep an eye on not over eating.
Love the mint water too. I’ve an abundance growing in my garden! Love it x
That’s so great to hear – I also love it!! x