These waffles are seriously delicious, and it’s a double bonus that they are 100% healthy and high in protein too.
These waffles are perfect for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert and they taste delicious with fresh fruit & yoghurt.
If you don’t have protein powder check out my original Healthy Waffle Recipe!
Chocolate Protein Waffles
- 1 scoop/30g chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk e.g. almond/skimmed
- 1/4 cup (30g) oat flour (simply blend oats to make)
- 1/2 large banana (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- spray oil
- Add your mashed banana to a bowl along with the protein powder, milk, oat flour, egg, cocoa and baking powder
- Whisk or blend in a food processor
- Spray your pre-heated waffle maker (well) with spray oil
- Pour your waffle mix in to the maker (I have a double square waffle maker and this mixture makes 4 of them).. just make sure that you don't over-fill it!
- Close the lid & allow the waffle to cook for 5-6 minutes
- Serve with your chosen fruit, maple syrup & a dash of cinnamon
P.S I got my waffle maker from Amazon!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.