These vanilla & blueberry protein energy bars are great for a breakfast on the go, a snack between meals or a pre or post workout snack, and they are packed with super foods which will nourish you from the inside out.
The topping of the bars is changeable and optional to suit your taste and needs but makes them look awesome (in my opinion!!) and adds a great texture.
The nutrition stats of the bars will depend on how big you make them: if you slice the mixture into 6 then they will provide a satisfying 299 calories and 12g of protein; They are like a mini-meal on the go and perfect for breakfast. If you bake these bars in a square pan and slice them into 9 pieces then they will be just 199 kcal and will provide 8g of protein.
Thanks to the seeds these bars are high in healthy fats and thanks to the oats and fruit the bars provide slow releasing energy, keeping you fuelled for longer!
Do let me know if you make this recipe and what you think of it!
Vanilla & Blueberry Protein Energy Bars
- 180g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 30g (1 scoop) vanilla whey protein*
- 120g (3/4-1 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 2 medium bananas
- 80g (4 tbsp) honey
- 15ml (1 tbsp) melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 70g (1/2 cup) nuts/seeds e.g. sunflower
- 100g berries e.g. blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C and add all the ingredients into a food processor (minus the sunflower seeds and blueberries)
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a silicone loaf tray** or baking tray lined with baking paper (not grease proof paper!). Level out top with the back of a wet spoon
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the sunflower seeds and blueberries, pressing them into the bar base
- Bake for an extra 15 minutes before allowing to cool and slicing into bars. Wrap the bars in cling film or grease proof paper and store in the fridge for freshness
*I used My Protein Vanilla Whey Protein. I use protein powder in some of my recipes to increase the satiating effect of them (leaving you feeling fuller for longer!). If you don’t have protein powder simply use ground almonds or white hot chocolate powder instead.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10 g
Total Carbohydrates 21 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links and was written in collaboration with Protein Dynamix. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.