I decided to give my new food processor a run for its money last weekend by creating some delicious, no-bake, healthy truffles that taste like the famous Nakd Bars!
These no-bake bites are perfect to fix that ‘sweet craving’ or to fill the gap between meal/snack times and are really similar to the amazing Nakd Bars – to make this recipe into bars simply press the mixture in to a baking pan dish and slice rather than rolling into balls.
They are super easy to make and you can even freeze them too!
No Bake Healthy Chocolate Truffles
- 150g (slightly heaped cup) pitted dates
- 20g (3 tbsp) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 15g (2 tbsp) cocoa*
- 20g (2 tbsp) mixed seeds/chopped nuts
- 28g (2 tbsp) rolled oats
- 30ml (2 tbsp) coconut oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 30ml (2 tbsp) water
- Optional - extra coconut for decoration
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, minus the water and blend for 1-2 minutes
- Add the water and blend again until all of the ingredients begin to combine
- Using dampish hands/fingers scoop out a heaped tsp of the mixture, roll it into a ball shape (optional - roll in desiccated coconut) and place on to a grease proof paper or in a paper bun case on a flat removable surface e.g. a plate - repeat until all of the mixture is used up .. & try not to eat them as you do this!
- Pop your 18 no-bake truffles into the fridge and allow them to 'chill' for 20-30 minutes before serving or keep them in the fridge for later!
*Can swap 1tbsp of the cocoa for choc protein powder
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 7.5 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
P.S I’ve also made a more simplified version of this recipe (below) by simply combining (in a food processor) equal amounts of dates, raisins & walnuts … Then (optional) adding extra almonds & peanut butter.. Blitzing, then rolling into balls in desiccated coconut & chilling as before!