These banana protein bars taste amazing and are super easy to make (check out the video above!). They make the perfect pre or post work-out snack, or for just in-between meals! You can even freeze them too.
Banana Protein Bars
- 80g (1 cup) oats*
- 90g (~3 scoops) protein or meal replacement powder**
- 70g (1/4 cup) fat-free cream cheese
- 55g (1/2 cup) skimmed milk powder
- 2 egg whites
- 60ml (4 tbsp) water
- 1.5 mashed bananas
- 2 tsp rapeseed (vegetable) oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 165 degrees C / 325 degrees F
- Mix together the dry ingredients: oats, protein powder and milk powder
- In a separate bowl whisk together the cream cheese, egg whites, water, bananas and oil
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Pour into a greased 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" baking tray (or line with baking paper)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked (a tooth-pick should come out clean)
- Allow to completely cool before slicing into 9 pieces.. wrap each bar in cling film or foil
*To make this recipe gluten free use gluten free oats.
**Nutrient values may vary depending on the protein powder used. I used a meal replacement protein powder which has more carbs and less protein than regular whey protein; if regular whey protein is used then the nutrient values will be: 128 calories, 14g carbs, 12g protein, 3g fat per bar.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Samples of the product mentioned were supplied to me free of charge however this review is 100% honest and of my own opinion. This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.