This week I wanted to share with you one of the easiest dips I know. This dip is a fantastic way of increasing your oily fish (omega 3) intake which is great for heart health, and it really is super versatile.
I have eaten this mackerel dip as a snack with oatcakes, as a starter with slices of pitta bread, and with a roasted chickpea salad and crackers for a balanced lunch. I really do love this dip and it can keep in the fridge for 1-2 days after making (just cover and check the use-by dates of your yoghurt/fish first!).
Healthy Mackerel Dip
- 100g Fat free Greek yoghurt
- 100g Smoked mackerel fillet
- Add the Greek yoghurt to a mixing bowl along with the mackerel fillet
- Optional: Add spinach to add colour/taste
- Mix the ingredients using a hand-blender/blender (add more yoghurt for a creamier dip)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Total Carbohydrates 1.5 g
Protein 6.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hi Nic, great website 🙂
can you tell me what the crackers are in the picture please.
I am looking for something low calorie, low fat to put my dip on.
Thanks in advance.
Hello! They’re from Nairns 🙂 but I also love Ryvita!