Cookies.. made from black beans?! Yes, it may sounds crazy but DON’T knock it until you’ve tried it!! These cookies taste amazing and most importantly, are full of super healthy ingredients and are quick & easy to make.
Straight out of the oven these cookies are super soft (and totally yummy, take it from me!!), but once cooled (and stored in the fridge), they firm up to become the most beautiful chocolate bites ever.
Black Bean Cookies
- 1 tin black beans* (240g drained weight)
- 2 tbsp nut butter - I used peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 tbsp oat flour (blended oats)**
- 1/2 cup (125ml) xylitol***/sugar/stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Optional - chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C and add the black beans (drained and rinsed) to your food processor along with the nut butter, milk and oil. Blend until all the ingredients have combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients.. oat flour, xylitol/sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder before blending. Stir in any optional ingredients next.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray or baking parchment creating 12 cookie shapes before baking for 20 minutes.
- The cookies will come out slightly soft so allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
- Step 5
- Store the cookies in the fridge and enjoy, guilt free
*I found black beans in Morrisons – My local Asda didn’t sell them!
**To make this recipe gluten free use gluten free oats.
***I used xylitol
Makes 12 Cookies.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 13 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.