Black Bean Cookies
- 1 tin black beans* (240g drained weight)
- 2 tbsp nut butter - I used peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 tbsp oat flour (blended oats)**
- 1/2 cup (125ml) xylitol***/sugar/stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Optional - chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C and add the black beans (drained and rinsed) to your food processor along with the nut butter, milk and oil. Blend until all the ingredients have combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients.. oat flour, xylitol/sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder before blending. Stir in any optional ingredients next.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray or baking parchment creating 12 cookie shapes before baking for 20 minutes.
- The cookies will come out slightly soft so allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
- Step 5
- Store the cookies in the fridge and enjoy, guilt free
*I found black beans in Morrisons – My local Asda didn’t sell them!
**To make this recipe gluten free use gluten free oats.
***I used xylitol
Makes 12 Cookies.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 13 g
Protein 3 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/chocolate-black-bean-cookies/