This recipe went down a storm in my house which means only one thing.. I HAD to blog it!! The chicken even tastes amazing reheated the next day which means it’s great for cooking in bulk and either taking to work with you or having it for a super quick dinner throughout the week.
This protein packed dish provides a whopping 42g of protein thanks to the chicken breast, parma ham and mozzarella (of course though the actual amounts will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast etc!).
The protein promotes feelings of fullness and helps to build and repair our muscles, the carbs from the potato provides energy and the spinach and salad provides fibre, vitamins and minerals.. this is the ultimate healthy and balanced meal AND IT TASTES DELICIOUS.
Do let me know if you make it too!
Happy cooking :).
Chicken & Spinach Parma Ham Melts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 70g mozzarella
- handful of spinach
- 2 slices parma ham
- 1 clove garlic (chopped) & black pepper
- 2 old potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or spray oil
- salad leaves
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C. Dice up the mozzarella with a knife and mix in the garlic before seasoning with black pepper.
- Slice each chicken breast open (but don't slice fully in half) and divide the mozzarella between the pockets. Add the spinach before closing the chicken breast and laying a parma ham slice on top. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Chop up the potatoes into thin slices & toss with oil and black pepper. Add them to a baking tray lined with foil and pop them into the oven along with the chicken dish for 20-30 minutes until cooked. Turn the chips 1-2 x whilst cooking.
- Serve your chicken breast with the potato slices & a handful of salad & enjoy! P.S I served mine with a dollop of Tomato ketchup too!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Protein 42 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.