These Carrot Cake Protein Muffins are super tasty and are not only high in protein and fibre but count towards one of your 5 a day too.. carrots are a fantastic source of vitamin A, antioxidants & fibre.. these really are super healthy muffins!
P.S Check out my original healthy carrot recipe for a recipe that doesn’t use whey protein!
Protein Carrot Cake Muffins
- 45g (1 cup) oat flour (blended oats) or quick oats such as Ready Brek
- 160g (1 cup) pureed/grated carrot (I just whizzed a few skinned carrots in my food processor)
- 50g/2 x scoops of vanilla protein powder (or milk powder)*
- 3 egg whites
- 85g (1/2 cup) fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (+pinch of salt)
- 7g (1/2 cup) stevia (natural sweetener)
- 60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts** – optional or swap for almonds/pecans/dried fruit
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- In a bowl mix the quick oats/oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and protein powder
- In another bowl mix together the grated carrots, egg whites, yoghurt and stevia
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and then stir in the nuts or dried fruit
- Divide batter between 12 x greased muffin cases (grease with 1 cal spray oil) or non-stick muffin cases
- Bake for 25 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy!
*I used My Protein Whey .. if you’re using skimmed milk powder add 1 tsp of vanilla and a dash of milk/water if the mixture is too dry
The walnuts increases the healthy fats in these muffins!
*This blog post contains an affiliate link. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.
Excellent! Easy to make and taste delicious. Even my other half liked them and he’s not a ‘cake’ person.
Hurray! Mission accomplished 😉 Thanks for your feedback Jo! Nic x
Just tried these for the first time tonight… Will definitely be making them again… Delicious!!!!
I used raisins instead of nuts as I am allergic and they turned out fine 🙂
Another fab recipe!!
Thanks Amanda!! Love your tweak too 🙂 Nic xx
Does the heat denature the protein powder at all? Looking forward to making these for a switcharoo for breakfast
Heat does alter protein but it is still amino acids for your body! Enjoy 🙂
Can I use chocolate protein powder instead?
Don’t see why not! x
Have you tried to use this mixture and bake as a cake instead of muffins? Do you know how long would I need to bake it for as a cake? I am trying to make it for my husband Birthday cake 🙂
Hello! Oooh I’m not too sure, I would bake it for 5-10 mins longer keeping an eye on it!! Let me know how it goes! x
Thank you I will try and I will let you know x
Hello! Just made these with vanilla protein and walnuts aaand raisins, delicious! I was just wondering if you had a rough nutrition breakdown for them? 🙂
Hi Naomi! The nutrition stats are always in the blue and white box above 🙂 So glad you liked them!! xx
Where is the recipe??
It’s up now 🙂