This smoothie tastes incredible, and if you love chocolate and coffee then you will love it too!
It’s high in protein and perfect for either a morning on the go or for before or after a work-out for muscle repair (if taken before a work-out it could help you to work out harder and for longer as caffeine has been shown to improve endurance).
.. you can also make this shake without the coffee for a delicious before-bed drink!
Mocha Protein Shake
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein*
- 300ml unsweetened almond/soya milk
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp (15g) plain yoghurt - optional
- 1 small frozen banana (peel before freezing)
- 4 coffee ice-cubes**
- Add the protein powder, milk, cocoa, yoghurt (optional), frozen banana & coffee ice-cubes to your blender
- Blend until smooth
*If you don't want to use/don't have a protein powder, use hot chocolate powder or skimmed milk powder for the protein boost plus stevia (natural sweetener) to sweeten and/or extra cocoa.
**To make coffee ice-cubes simple mix 200ml of boiling water with 3 tsp of coffee granules and allow to partly cool before pouring into an ice-cube tray (200ml makes ~14 cubes) and freezing over-night.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Protein 25 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.