Buying from an online butchers is a relatively new concept to me, but over the last few weeks I’ve been trying out the meats on offer from LiveLean .. and I have to say that I have been VERY impressed.. (warning – this blog post is NOT for the vegetarians or vegans amongst you!).
- Background to LiveLean
LiveLean was started by Paul Horrocks and Paul Masterson, who came up with the concept about a year ago, having seen a number of his personal trainer friends ordering their meats online with MuscleFood and Athleat. After researching the market they realised that a gap existed for a company to offer top quality yet great value produce.
LiveLean launched in December 2014 and have already amassed a large number of happy customers, as well as some well-known celebrities including Mel Sykes, Danny Cipriani, Catherine Tyldesley and Samia Ghadie. LiveLean pride themselves on the quality of their produce – the majority being grass fed and out door reared as well as sourced from the best U.K. farms, a number of which are Award Winning. Welfare is also very important for them and so they ensure that all of their meats come from farms where the highest standards are met.
The guys behind LiveLean believe living a healthy lifestyle is very simple and that people should focus on eating unprocessed foods including meat, fish, vegetables, nuts and fruit; getting out of the habit of eating shop bought processed snacks and instead preparing fresh healthy meals from scratch.
- What LiveLean Offer
LiveLean have a huge range of meats ranging from beef, poultry and lamb to game and exotic – you should try their crocodile and buffalo if you want to be adventurous! Their website even has its own selection of healthy recipes (for the meats of course!).
I have personally tried (and can vouch for):
- Whole French Corn Fed Chicken – This chicken tasted so good with my Sunday Roast!!
- English Farm assured Piri Piri flavoured Chicken Fillets – Perfectly flavoured and succulent, I can’t wait to try the other flavours – cajun is next on my list!
- Chicken, Pepper & Onion Kebabs – These are a BBQ essential in my opinion and went down so well with my family!
- English Rose Diced Turkey Breast – Delicious, lean and great in a curry!
- Premium Grass Fed Fillet Steak – These have got to be one of the best steaks I have ever tried (bold statement but so true!)
- Cumberland Sausage Rings – These were so tasty!! And they looked great too on my BBQ!
- Venison Haunch Steak – I’ve never had venison before but these steaks were amazing – super high in protein and low in fat too!!
- LiveLean Benefits
LiveLean offer excellent quality, great tasting and healthy meats conveniently online, and pride themselves with knowing where their produce has come from and what journey it has taken. Their corn fed chicken hosts a much richer taste than regular chicken and their grass-fed meat comes from animals who spend their lives eating only grass and other foraged foods (typical supermarket meats will have been raised in confined spaces and fed a diet of grain and corn).
Overall I was really impressed with LiveLean, not only for their products but their brand ethos as a whole. I give them a massive thumbs up and would highly recommend them as an online butchers to all you meat-eaters!!
Have you tried LiveLean before?!
P.S. You can get 5% off the entire website with the code nic5 :).
*LiveLean kindly sent me some samples to try. All words written are 100% honest and are of my own opinion. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.