Healthy Travel Snacks
If you’re looking for healthy snacks to have whilst travelling or for just whilst ‘on the go’ then this blog post can help!
The other week I met up with Lottie Murphy who is a Pilates Instructor and Healthy Lifestyle Blogger to film our favourite Healthy Travel Snacks for my YouTube Channel and our Healthy Travel Tips for Lotties.. The idea came from the fact that I’ve been spending a lot of time in hotel rooms over the past few weeks and so we clubbed together to bring you our personal top tips for healthy travelling – it’s so funny that 90% of the tips that we came up with separately were actually the same!! Great minds . Anyway, I really hope you enjoy the videos – do let us know what you think and if you have any more healthy snacking or travelling tips!!
Our Top Healthy Travel Snacks Include:
- Nuts – They’re packed with healthy fats, protein & fibre to keep you feeling fuller for longer and the crunch is super satisfying too! A 40g bag is the perfect size. Go for unsalted nuts such as cashew nuts, almonds, brazil nuts or walnuts.
- Dried Fruit – Dried fruit travels really well and my personal favourites (as you can see in the video) are apple crisps and dried mango. Kale crisps are a great dried vegetable snack – just check that the first and second ingredient isn’t oil! I’m not so keen on the Itsu Crispy Seaweed thins that Lottie shows towards at the end of the video though (!) … do let me know what you think of them if you’ve tried them!! They are super low in calories that I know!!
- Fresh Fruit – Bananas, satsumas & apples are great for travelling but if you’re like me and have braces it means that you can’t bite into harder fruits. That’s why I like to carry the 100% ‘fruit packs’ with me – you can find them in the baby aisle (don’t judge me!!) – check out the video above to see which ones I like!
- Snack Bars – Our personal favourites are the Nakd Bars which contain 100% dried fruit & nuts. They travel well, taste delicious & are 100% guilt-free! Check out my blog post on how to choose a healthy snack bar for more information or have a go at making them at home!
- Dark Chocolate – Choose at least 70% cocoa for a healthier chocolate bar – the higher the cocoa content the more healthy antioxidants that it will contain, as well as less added sugar & fat! Choose the 40g bars for travelling (because if you’re anything like me then you’ll demolish anything larger!) or portion out a few squares into a Tupperware container – I love the ones from Happy Jackson!
- Protein/Meal Replacement Shake – If I’m travelling for a few hours or I’m going to miss a meal I love Purition which I mix with milk. I love their coconut, chocolate & pistachio flavours & if you want to try them too (they do a great sample box) you can get a cheeky 10% off with the discount code NIC10!
- Skinny Popcorn – Look out for the larger bags that are under 150 calories. Popcorn tends to be really filling and it’s a whole grain too which is great for our health. I love Metcalfe’s Skinny Topcorn personally!
I want to say a huge thank you to Lottie for being on my YouTube Channel – don’t forget to check out her video on our Healthy Top Tips for Travelling!
What are your favourite healthy travel snacks?! Do let me know in the comments below or underneath the video!
*This blog post contains affiliate links. All products shown were bought with our own money apart from the Purition which was sent to me to try. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.