DynaPro Mousse Review & Protein Cheesecake Recipe!
Welcome to my new favourite protein snack/dessert.. Protein Dynamix DynaPro Mousse!! And I may as well let you know about the cheeky NIC20 20% off discount code straight away, just incase you want to join me in the chocolatey/strawberry goodness .
Protein Dynamix is a fairly new brand to the protein market but my word have they done it right. I’ve already mentioned my love for the Vanilla Ice-cream Whey Protein in my 2014 favourites and now I’m declaring my love for the Chocolate Brownie (& Strawberry Milkshake!!) Protein Mousse..
DynaPro™ Mousse is a luxurious mousse style dessert packed with slow release protein to support the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. DynaPro™ Mousse is a combination of Milk Protein Concentrate and Calcium Caseinate and is ideal for use before bed or in-between meals. The high protein formulation (containing over 30g protein/serving when made with skimmed milk) has been created to provide a sustained supply of protein and amino acids, which are recognised as the building blocks of muscle tissue and keeping us fuller for longer!
The main ingredients are DynaPro™ Sustain Complex (Milk Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Emulsifier [Soya Lecithin] and Skimmed Milk Powder and it honestly tastes INCREDIBLE. The texture is exactly like a mousse and you can change the consistency by adding more or less liquid (I personally like to mix the powder with milk or a milk alternative rather than water).
To make the mousse simply:
- Mix 40g (1 ½ scoops) of the powder in a bowl with 200ml of water/milk and hand whisk until combined (I have used an electric whisk before for this!).
- Place the bowl in a refrigerator and allow to set for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with frozen berries or chopped banana (my choice!) !
This weekend I decided to get creative with the mousse and create a delicious (healthy!) protein cheesecake recipe.. it honestly tastes amazing and is perfect for a ‘guilt-free’ dessert. It’s no bake & uses minimal ingredients .. And if you make it just before you eat dinner it will be ready for dessert!
Protein Cheese Cake Ingredients (serves two):
- 80g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil - use NIC5 for 5% off
- 1 tbsp warmed runny honey
Cheese Cake Layer:
- 2 scoops (60g) Chocolate Brownie DynaPro Mousse - use NIC10 for 10% off!
- 200-300ml unsweetened almond milk (depending on how thick/firm you want it to be)
- 1 tbsp cocoa (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener/coconut sugar- use NIC5 for 5% off! (the sweetener is optional but essential if adding cocoa which is bitter)
- Fresh Berries
- Desiccated Coconut (Unsweetened)
- Chocolate sauce e.g. Choc Shot or honey
Protein Cheese Cake Method:
- 1) Mix together the coconut oil & honey before adding to the ground almonds & mixing well. Divide between two glasses and pack down. Pop in the fridge for later.
- 2) With a whisk or fork combine the milk & DynaPro mousse powder before adding the optional cocoa & coconut sugar/sweetener for a richer taste.
- 3) Add the chocolate mousse to the cheese cake base & set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- 4) Just before serving top with berries, coconut & a drizzle of chocolate sauce!
- 5) Enjoy!
Have you tried the DynaPro Mousse?!
Do let me know if you try this recipe, and don’t worry if don’t have any protein to hand, you can always try out my other Healthy Cheese Cake Recipe!
*Samples of the mousse were sent to me to try however I chose to write a review of the product based on its merits. All opinions are 100% my own and are not swayed by free samples. Some links may be affiliated. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my views on protein powders.